Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

co2 bering gun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:03 pm

maggotman wrote:
Lentamentalisk wrote:It operates at 56 bar, as you are using unregulated CO2. I highly suggest that you never use any compressed gas whose pressure you don't know, or you will end up only half the man you used to be.

How can you say that co2 changes pressure with temperature. :? :?:

And i also think that now the post is locked about my spelling it is being transfered into my posts, yes i put a f instead of a t but i corrected it soon after get over it.

How about you do some of your own research it seems like every other post of yours is impossible to read or contains a question that could be answered by yourself in 10 seconds.

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Lentamentalisk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:05 pm

I can say for a fact that CO2 changes pressure with temperature. That is one of the primary things you learn in chemistry, the ideal gas law, and that vapor pressure varies with temperature. Use punctuation, or I will prove you wrong based on the difference in meaning of what you meant and what you said.

What you meant is:
"How can you say that? CO2 changes pressure with temperature."
What it came out as:
"PV!=nRT"

56bar is an approximation, based on the normalish room temperature.

Despite that, you are improving considerably, as I can see you used some punctuation and capitalization.

edit: You beat me to it.

Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Lentamentalisk
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: maggotman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm

jonnyboy wrote:How about you do some of your own research it seems like every other post of yours is impossible to read or contains a question that could be answered by yourself in 10 seconds.

WTF I have not once asked a question, all i am saying is that 56bar is not always the pressure of co2, so why is he saying that my gun firs at 56psi.

maggotman
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Lentamentalisk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:28 pm

As I said in the above post, I said that you gun turns into an evergreen tree at 56bar because that is a fairly standard number for the pressure of CO2 at about room temperature, though it will lower to almost nothing if you just open it up and let it freeze itself.

Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Lentamentalisk
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:39 pm

Lentamentalisk wrote:I said that you gun turns into an evergreen tree at 56bar

This is getting daft.

It fires using unregulated CO2, end of debate, there's no point trying to nail down a pressure because you both know it changes as the whole system cools.

:)

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database