Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 40 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

1.5 piston coax

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Besides the pilot area, nice job so far.
The cross really has too much volume, and the insane amount of pipe nipples and fittings dont help either.
When you get a sprinkler valve, consider tapping stuff straight into the valve.
  • 0

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
User avatar
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:12 am
Location: The Netherlands
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm

psycix wrote:Besides the pilot area, nice job so far.
The cross really has too much volume, and the insane amount of pipe nipples and fittings dont help either.
When you get a sprinkler valve, consider tapping stuff straight into the valve.

Thanks.

I had the fittings on hand so I figured I'd use what I had...

When I went to home depot I got fittings for a smaller pilot volume. I asked the guy where they keep sprinkler valves, his expression was priceless. He said why do you need one it's the middle of winter?

So I won't be getting a sprinkler valve until spring. :cry:
  • 0

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
User avatar
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Williamston MI USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:06 pm

The sprinklers are with irrigation or did they just not stock them now? did you try the coupling for the piston?
  • 0


jon_89
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:24 pm

jon_89 wrote:The sprinklers are with irrigation or did they just not stock them now? did you try the coupling for the piston?

They don't stock them in winter months, I live in Michigan you know. :wink:
The coupling won't work for a coax becuase the piston is in the 1.5 inch pipe if it was an over-under it would though.So I got some epoxy. :)
Image
The new pilot system thanks to daberno123
  • 0

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
User avatar
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Williamston MI USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Lego101 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Where in Michigan do you live? I live in the Upper Peninsula, and our Lowes and Menards both have sprinkler valves.
  • 0

User avatar
Lego101
Private
Private
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Lego101 wrote:Where in Michigan do you live? I live in the Upper Peninsula, and our Lowes and Menards both have sprinkler valves.

I live in Lansing. Mine carries them but seasonally, I mean c'mon who's going to install a sprinkler system in the winter?
  • 0

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
User avatar
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Williamston MI USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jmeyer1022 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 pm

jonnyboy wrote:
Lego101 wrote:Where in Michigan do you live? I live in the Upper Peninsula, and our Lowes and Menards both have sprinkler valves.

I live in Lansing. Mine carries them but seasonally, I mean c'mon who's going to install a sprinkler system in the winter?


Check out Lowe's if you have one nearby I checked more than one home depot and they looked at me like I was crazy.
  • 0


jmeyer1022
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:50 pm
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: psycix » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:24 pm

his expression was priceless. He said why do you need one it's the middle of winter?

So what did you answer to that? :lol:

Good luck on the epoxy. Can't wait to hear how it turns out with the new pilot setup and piston.
  • 0

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
User avatar
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:12 am
Location: The Netherlands
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 pm

psycix wrote:
his expression was priceless. He said why do you need one it's the middle of winter?

So what did you answer to that? :lol:

Good luck on the epoxy. Can't wait to hear how it turns out with the new pilot setup and piston.

I told him it was a gift for my dad. That led to another question so I told him he was a lawn enthusiast at which point I walked away.

I just removed the piston from the pipe,it looks awesome, there is some small sanding to be done and an o ring groove to be cut. After all thats done all post some pictures and hopefully some better damage shots. :twisted:

EDIT-I went outside and tried to fire this thing. It seems the piston doesn't want to actuate.:x This, in my mind could be a couple things
1.There's a leak from the barrel (I'm not sure if this could actually matter.

2.The new pilot is not sufficient

I've put a neoprene ring around the barrel where the piston seals. I'm hoping this will make up for any small inconsistencies with the pipe lip. The epoxy needs some drying time so in the meantime here's a piston picture.
Image
Image
  • 0

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
User avatar
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Williamston MI USA
Reputation: 0

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

cron
Reputation System ©'