Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Prototype Shoulder Cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: AegisAvenger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Lentamentalisk wrote:well if you are just firing pingpong balls, you can shorten the barrel to about 1', and greatly reduce the air used, without hurting your performance in the least. The only reason you would need a barrel that long is if you start using heavier projectiles, which could cause a problem, if mounted directly to the shoulder...

Ping pong balls, super balls, tennis balls, eggs, lead baseballs, rabid hamsters..

The big silver barrel is actually for stuffing like 3 bags of marshmallows into.

Seriously. I'm not joking about that one.

Ping pong balls were just my test ammo. BUT I actually was thinking about shortening the ping pong barrel, wasn't sure until now though. Thanks!!

Unread postAuthor: Radiation » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Wow, if Ironman and a plumber were to have some unholy child, I'm pretty sure your gun is what would result. Very fun to look at your stuff!

Welcome to spudfiles.

I void warranties.

The Gauntlet of Clara Ann
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 am

Original to say the least :)

Why a shoulder cannon though? Surely an arm cannon would be a lot easier to aim?

Also, for ping-pong balls, presumably you're building a non-lethal device that can be safely fired at people? In that case, you should consider the possibility of a less efficient valve, maybe even just a blowgun, and a simple Tee mag.

Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database