Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, YaCy [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

simple blowgun and handpump gun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
simple blowgun and handpump gun

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Well a week or so ago my brother and I were very, very bored and so i decided to make thinks a little more intresting with this 10min gun. I used the watering this my mom used to spray copper sulfate onto her plants. I took the valve and "barrel" of of it. Then i took the hose of of a hand pump i have and epoxied the tube from the valve and barrel to the hand pump. So the hose acts as a chamber. I took then gun to 150psi and had some ok results using lead balls and nails, the barrel ID is 5mm.
Note this is mainly my brother's gun and it is not quiete what i am capable of doing, wait a month or so to see my first gun :D :wink: now enjoy the pics, sorry there are no damage pics besides a few holes in carboard. Ask any questions and extra info yo need, i will not change much on this gun as it is jsut a cheep past time.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Demon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Looks a bit powerful.

try fitting that on a hand pump and a wood stock to make a sniper.

Demon
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: sputnick » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Looks nice Rob, I just finished one something like this, but with a much smaller barrel, You should find some other ammo than fishing weights, make a simple split mould, melt down some tire weights and get some serious ammo going!

Add me on MSN to chat about whatever!
sputnick
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

nice...

try using 4.5 mm pellets

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 pm

There you go john. Is this the leaky one you where telling me about? Strong little bugger putting holes in the can! :wink:

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:47 am

Well if I decide to use pellets i will use .20cal not .177 as .20cal has a very tight fit in 5mm barrels. Yes jrrdw this is the leaky gun i told you about, it still leaks a bit but that is barely noticable. I have an old stock in my celer so i might just strap that on to it. It sure is fun to tinker with but be prepared for something more serious from me. I am thinking of making 5mm round balls for this gun but am clueless about makign a mold for it, and as I said before, this shouldnt be a big time/money investment so dont suggest huge improvements, its not worth your tim and effort.

Thanks for the positive comments from every one :D

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:35 am

Update(well kind of):

While using the gun today i managed to blow the epoxy and part of the pump its self of. i found a shock pump and will use one or two compression fittings to connect it to the gun, it will take longer to fill but i hope it will be stronger and wont leak. Ill buy the fittings tomorrow, and ill put the gun onto a stock, my bro will love it!

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database