Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

3" barrel seeling piston valve

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

do you like it?

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes : 10
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: chrissilvermancs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:55 pm

ya if you think this is ridicules i originally had enough extra parts to make a 1.5 inch piston and had it porting this one wile it was ported by a sprinkler valve and it was ported by a blowgun but it was just a little too much

even though i do want to get rid of the wood it works so well i don't want to tamper with the seel because it took me such a long time to get a perfect seel.

i will get some damage shots up soon i hope. that last shot i got on video finally broke off that barrel which has been screwed on so tight by accident i could never take it off. u cant tell in the video but i snapped it right where i have had been hammering my vice grip trying to get it off

so now i can redo the barrel make it breach loading so im not scared of having a loaded cannon after i filled it. because any tap on the blow gun and it sets off that sprinkler valve.

the only other problem with the cannon is the spring dosent work because the piston flies back at such speeds that it just chips away at the pvc every shot but im going to try to use rubber tubing as a bumper instead

chrissilvermancs
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: chrissilvermancs » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:58 am

chrissilvermancs
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:40 am

It looks like the main page shows another stress fracture failure of PVC. If you use PVC.. please find a way to avoid mechanical stress on the parts. It tends to fail. I know the DWV/VS PVC debate rages on, but there are few ABS failures posted. I find it much more durable. Due to the unrated.. run at lower pressure. My oldest working cannon is ABS Cellular Core foam pipe. It's had lots of abuse and hasn't cracked.

Using unrated thin PVC is not a good idea for an air cannon.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: toogers » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:32 pm

pretty nice. how good is the ratio?

toogers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database