Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 39 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

10+ Gallon (Now With Damage Videos!)

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

This cannon is...

Simply a BEAST!!
57%
I wish mine was that big!!
18%
Pfft I've made bigger from spare parts...
25%

Total votes : 28
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: mobile chernobyl » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Hmmm... I can actually see a way fabbing that would be possible.... out of steel plate that is. I'm going to draft one up, I'll post a pic up here to see what you guys think then.

Thanks for the pic btw - JSR

and a few moments later I've come up with this.

Voila!

Distant shot of 10 gallon with the muzzle brake on a 10 foot barrel
close up transperancy shot with baffles. I went with a curved plate of 3/32" steel plate (.09) for ease of fabrication, if anyone thinks this may be too thin, let me know. The holes will be 3.5" all the way through, giving a gap between ammo and baffle of about .25" - let me know if this is too big of a gap for a bore this size (if anyone has any reasonable evidence supporting their reason for this, I'd also like to know that, as I don't personally know the physics behind muzzle brakes other than the basics... and they look cool on a m107 lol).

mobile chernobyl
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Biggie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 pm

This thread is kinda old but I wanted to know if I could get the solid works assembly of the valve. I take a production engineering class at a Tech Center and I am building a similar cannon for my senior project. Only difference is the use of elbows and some different frame work for the stand. It will have 3" porting in a 4" cross with dual 10' 4" chambers with a 15'-20' 2.5" barrel. I will also be using Solid Works 2009 and am also curious on some of the parts how you made the elbows and what not. I have tried making a bike frame and took the lazy way out and filleted everything. Could I cheat like I did with the frame making PVC fittings, or should I use another feature? You made a great cannon and it a huge inspiration for my senior project.

If you could offer me any help or insight that would be great.

Biggie
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database