Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 81 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

camo sniper

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
camo sniper

Unread postAuthor: ckman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:55 pm

This is my new pneumatic sniper one of my new non ghetto guns.
specs:

Chamber: about a foot of 2 inch pvc
main valve: 1" sprinkler valve (modded)
barrels: 2' feet of 1/2 inch and 3/4 of and inch pvc
pilot valve: modified blow gun
fill valve: 1/4 female quick connect
ammo: slingshot ammo, marbles, screw darts, and co2 cartridges.

I have a question yesterday when I finished this gun I was shooting the back cap blew of and hit me in the thigh at at only 100 psi I think the cap blew off because the day before I spray painted the gun then realized the chamber was too long so I cut it then got a new end cap and glued without taking off the previous spray paint do you think this is why the cap blew off I then fixed the gun today and re painted it and it works but im not trusting it till i get some answers.

some better pics. and a video should be up tomorrow i need to find my camera cord

Attachments
Photo 775.jpg
ckman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Even though the picture quality isn't great, the gun looks brilliant! Looks nicely done everywhere, except for perhaps it looks like there's a QD threaded through a single layer of PVC.

Doesn't itfeel good to put time towards making cleaner guns?

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: ckman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 pm

yes its feels much better I feel much more presentable.

I am trying to upload the pictures but it says uploading an empty file is there any other way to upload pics.

ckman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: thedeathofall » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:38 pm

hhmm.. not bad actually. you could use less pilot, but whatever floats your boat. The paint job is pretty nice as well, it gets brownie points.

When giving a camo paint job, most people use only 2 or three colors; bright green, shiny black, and/or tree bark brown. This really bothers me. I like how you used military OD green and splotched flat black and a grey brown into it. It looks really nice and very realistic because it could actually be hidden in the right environment.

While the gun is rather nice, you might want to reconsider you picture taking. I personally dislike human figures in a photo of a weapon. It takes away from the gun, and makes the user seem more childlike. (not implying anything here) Just set the thing on the ground or you can get artsy and prop it with cool cloths and stuff.

"I'm spending time without a gender for tax reasons. It's great if I get hit in the groin, but a total nightmare in the bathroom."

-Rag

Obsequium parit amicos; veritas parit odium.

-Cicero

thedeathofall
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: ckman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 pm

yeah I know I finally got my own camera but the dang pictures aren't uploading to sf so I just put this quick pic on here. THere are only three colors in this tree bark brown, light tan, and OD green

ckman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:35 am

Nice gun!

I like the fact that the combination of 45's allows the user to sight down the barrel without the chamber lip and valve getting in the way.

Once you sort your endcap-blowing-off problem, the 2" could be used as a stock, and a sight could be mounted over the valve.

As to the endcap, if you solvent welded over paint, you will not get a good joint. The paint blocks the action of the primer and cement, and will leave you with two parts and a small layer of grimy PVC in-between. Sand down to pure PVC, and then clean extensively with a solvent first, and soap last. Then, you will be ready to solvent weld over the area. You will probably have to re-paint where you sanded too much off, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: FORE!!!! » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 am

what pressure do u run it at??? u should not have put that quick connect in a single layer of pipe,be carefull with that thing underpressure and make sure not to bump the quick connect..

FORE!!!!
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: glass_05 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 am

Very nice looking design! Great job with the 45's and the trigger placement.

And like mark.f said on the endcap, the reason it blew off was due to the paint. I have had a 4inch endcap blow off at 80psi and go 50 feet for the same reason. So be careful! Best idea would be to redo the endcap as mark suggested, but then your chamber would be shorter.

On second thought, you should just redo the whole chamber, and get a 2inch to 1inch, 1inch to 1/2inch, 1/2inch to 1/4inch reducer and just screw the quick connect right into that.
The 1/2 to 1/4inch is not a pvc part, but you can find that in the metal fittings.

[url="http://www.airhardhq.com/"]Airhard HQ[/url]
glass_05
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: ckman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:59 am

Ok thanks guys I have already redone the chamber so I don't think I have to worry about the cap with brand new fitting not painted then i painted it so its all looking the same vids. and some more pics should be up soon if i can get them on.

ckman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Looks sweeeeetttttt.

Only thing is that personally, Id use a hose clamp instead of duct tape. but otherwise looks amazing

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database