Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 61 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Baldyforks, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Blowgun Spud with Reload Mechanism!

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

About the reload mechanism :D

Great! Will use it :D
11%
I might use it :]
33%
Its been used before -.-
56%

Total votes : 9
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: frozebyte » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:36 am

Yup, was confused when you said gate valve and flap check valve cause they work differently :D
This solves my problem on my piston gun, too bad i made a rash decision to disassemble and exchange my parts :(

Just a question, i tested this spud WITHOUT a chamber, briefly pumping it up and using that small little handle with a 1/4" diameter and 4" length as a mini testing chamber before i get my hands on an aluminium bottle.
It only managed to shoot my cone-dart projectile to the end of the barrel and hang out of the muzzle. Does this mean even if i have my proper chamber it will still be so weak? Or is it just cause there isn't much pressure and the chamber is so puny, and whats more, it leaks a little :D

frozebyte
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:48 am

The gas expands a lot, so your loosing a lot there. Bigger chamber = moar. Moar = good.

A gate check valve and flap check valve are the same thing, as they swing open (like a gate). However, a gate valve does not swing open, rather it travels vertically up and down. (god damn, where does the bit disappear to?)

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: frozebyte » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:57 am

What did you mean by the gas expanding and me losing alot?
Should i go for an aluminium bottle like this?

According to GGDT, using a bottle as compared to the 12" and 18" 22mm pipe gives much better performance. I know people have used these aluminium sport bottles before and i need a confirmation on the pressures these things hold?

frozebyte
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 am

They're quite common on french spudguns, you'll find they'll take 100-up to 150 if you're game..

What I meant, is that the gas expands so much pressure is basically non-existant. Solution: MOAR

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: frozebyte » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 am

I like the look of these bottles and if they are able to handle pressure, i'll go for them :D
Hmm, still don't get it. If the gas expands that much, how are you going to rack up psi then?

EDIT: 100th post!

frozebyte
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: Major Collins » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:05 am

omg i use this design :o lol and and my barrel is 19 mm and the tee is like 20 and a very good fit and i use marbles cos the are around 16 to 18 mm ish but i dont particularly like this design of pulling out the and in the barrel continuously so yeah:/ buy make it into a hopper it wont need to take magazines then and be more like a paintball gun : ) instead i use the top of the tee to put a like circle shower fitting and its my top site ;)

quick pic

Major Collins
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database