Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

my first p-gun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
my first p-gun

Unread postAuthor: tombd1 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:01 am

my first attempt at a pneumatic gun here. i know that the sprinkler valve is not an optimal valve, but it failed to feed my sprinkler heads in my lawn properly, so it was reincarnated (and made much happier) into a more useful purpose with this gun. obviously interchangeable barrels/chambers. in this configuration the chamber is 1 1/2" x 33", the barrel is 3/4 x 48". i have not run the numbers in ggdt, i needed to build a new gun. using a foot pump to pressurize, currently going to about 60 psi, and shooting playdoh slugs and sloppy fit paintballs. plan on shooting marbles with the playdoh slugs behind them. hope to have damage shots soon. i ran out of daylight. i havent seen any other tiger striped guns here. if there is, i did not mean to steal your design, i am merely flattering you by copying you. but either way, i tend to think the stripes are way cool. comments please.

Attachments
Resizedpspudgun1.jpg
the whole gun
Resizedpspudgun2.jpg
Resizedpspudgun2.jpg (36 KiB) Viewed 473 times
resizedspspudgun3.jpg
3/4" rainbird valve, gutted, extra holes epoxied, and modded with the cheapest blogun i could get ($2.99)

tombd1
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 am

Pretty good. You look like you've used rated parts and the design is fine, so that's a big step in the right direction. That kind of sprinkler valve tends to be less common here but I don't think there's a problem with it.

Good job a safe, aesthetically pleasing gun. Do you not find the trigger a bit difficult to hold though?

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: theBOOM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:14 am

Decent job man maybe some more pics of the paintjob? looks nice though :D did you paint over the SHINY,PURTY brass fittings?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway pretty big chamber you got there ... how long does it take you too pressurize this big daddy?? and also kidna looks hard to shoot unless you have a small stand or something.. might consider making a little bipod or tripod for fun :D?
Nice first pneumatic gun :D
And from the looks of it welcome to SPUDFILES! :bounce: :hello1: :wave:

You beat me to it INO! o well atleast our constructive critisicm is the same :roll:

theBOOM
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: tombd1 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:31 am

true, the trigger isnt real ergonomic.
i already had a sprinkler valve that was destined for the trash, so i wanted put as little money as i could into this gun and still be able to shoot it. its a little bulky, but its not really that big, and i do plan on shooting spuds out of a 1 1/2" barrel using a 3" chamber, so the accuracy isnt that big of a deal to me.
there is only one piece of brass on the gun, and its not painted.
ive got a double barrel shwinn foot bike pump, it doesnt take long to pump it to 60 psi.
a bipod or tripod sounds great, if i can make it for about free, thanx!

tombd1
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: theBOOM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:39 am

Hm id improvise if you have any of those chairs that are used like openable... their legs open and close back...might be easy to make a bipod outta that :P .... hm how high does your bike pump go too :O?

theBOOM
Major
Major

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database