Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

my air rifle design

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
my air rifle design

Unread postAuthor: hybridpyrotech » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 am

The way this design came to me was, some people play with pneumatic spud guns/cannons, and they're very powerful so i thought of making the air chamber kinda bigger but more compact in a way, as well as using the back of the air chamber as a stock so it can be used as an air rifle as well as a spud gun or cannon so it will also be easier to take the recoil. this rifle uses a rather big calibre. a lead ball roughly a bit smaller than 1 inch in diameter. and its a muzzleloader and can also be used as a shotgun if bbs ( plastic, metal or lead) are inserted in the barrel.

[b]Wadding and loading The Ammo: (not needed for potatoes

firstly make sure your valve trigger is closed. then take a plastic bag or paper (i used a plastic bag) and use your loading stick to ram the primary wadding in the barrel, then take your lead ball or bbs then take a piece of paper (around the size of your projectile) put it in your barrel and ram it down FIRMLY .....! the maximum pressure is around 80 to 100 psi i'd say. i used 60 psi so far and it pacts a punch

last but not least : the parts :

use the thickest material you can find, remember you're dealing with highly compressed air..............

you'll need a:

25mm diameter, 450 mm pvc pipe ( thats the barrel)
a 25 mm diameter pvc ball valve or a sprinkler valve
25mm diameter, 50 mm pvc pipe
a 50mm to 25 pvc reducer
50mm diameter, 300mm pvc pipe
2, 50 mm pvc elbow joints
50mm diameter, 100mm pvc pipe

1. 50mm screw cap

and 1 bicycle tire valve

to fix the tire valve to the cap , drill a hole in the cap (carefully) and place your valve in the hole and use your pvc cement to seal and glue them together or use epoxy glue, its your choice .

good luck

Attachments
sumbi.jpg
sumbi.jpg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Last edited by hybridpyrotech on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

hybridpyrotech
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: TwitchTheAussie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Are those adapters made from DWV? If they are thats not safe mate. Its not pressure rated.

Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
TwitchTheAussie
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database