Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 74 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Natures Fury Rocket Launcher

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: deathbyDWV » Sun May 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Also... With paint, I usually use the cheap walmart brand. It really doesn't seem like it chips off easy or anything. I just always give it a light sanding first...

Life's too short to mark off the items on your wish list...
deathbyDWV
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Ok I'll try that, I always heard it wouldn't stick to PVC though

Last edited by clemsonguy1125 on Mon May 10, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That is all.
clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:55 pm

I have always used paint specifically marked for plastic. I got some very nice paint jobs from it that holds up very well.

The ABS cannon on the far right has the oldest paint job. Only the barrel is painted so the chamber can be inspected for damage. The cannon is 8 years old, used every year and still looks great.

The barrel on the far left gets lots of use cutting spuds (spud cutter end) and that has not taken the paint off. It is not very old yet. It was built last year. All the barrels were cleaned with soap and water before painting to prevent flaws in the paint.

The main part of the ABS cannon is not painted so any signs of failure will be seen. It was built to test ABS Cellular Core DWV pipe with pressure. I needed to see any signs of stress or cracks. Um yes, the reducer is not seated all the way down in the ABS cannon on the right. It stuck there, but still passes pressure testing.

I still need to come up with a paint theme for the 4 inch barrel. I don't use it much as I don't have too much 4 inch ammo. Golf ball, 2 inch, 2.5 inch thinwall (tennis balls, water bottles, and pop cans), and 3 inch (Oranges, Gatoraid, and shirts) are the most popular sizes. 4 inch is too small for TP. Adding machine tape is much more fun. :D

Last edited by Technician1002 on Tue May 11, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Ok, I want to make the piston smaller and make the pilot volume smaller before I paint it though

That is all.
clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue May 11, 2010 3:39 pm

bump, video added.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Valve broke, the pilot valve setup got jammed in the threaded adapter, while using vice grips to unscrew it, it cracked and threads got jammed in, there is nothing to grip, If I later rebuild the valve I will post the updated, I managed to salvage the chamber, barrel and barrel supports

That is all.
clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue May 11, 2010 6:28 pm

WTF only the male adapter broke? Or do you mean the female adapter? Well if you're gonna rebuild it I would order the parts from plumbingsupply

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: clemsonguy1125 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Well a threaded adapter got jammed in there and there was nothing to grip with vice grips, I tried to split it with a hammer but that didnt work and now the valves destoyed, Im going to rebuild it and since i only need 10 bucks of parts its not worth it, I need a threded bushing so ill see if my plumbing supplier has it ,if not Ill order it and my other parts

That is all.
clemsonguy1125
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database