Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

extrusion pistol, semi-realistic. new paint job!

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:16 pm

thread necros? please explain this is my first forum i am a corpral but still a noob

dart guy

Unread postAuthor: Blitz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:07 pm

It's basically replying to a thread that has not had any activity in an extended period of time. Like here, 3 years. It's considered poor etiquette - I don't know if anything has changed here, but back long ago, there were actually rules against that kind of thing. Although, I recall posts in the showcase subforums generally were exempt. And this site isn't as active as it once was. So I don't mean any disrespect and certainly not trying to enforce anything, just trying to provide some advice. :)

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:50 am

There's no rule against it per se, you're just not supposed to do it. There's no point... If discussion has been over with for 3 years then a useless comment like "kool gun bro" serves absolutely no purpose to the thread. Unless you have had some eureka in which you've discovered a new concept or came up with a new theory regarding the OP, then there's really no sense in posting.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 am

Gun Freak wrote:There's no rule against it per se, you're just not supposed to do it.

From The Rules:

Old threads may be kicked up, if you have something relevant and timely to say. Useless ("Cool!") or untimely ("you can find X here" as a reply to a two-month old thread such as "I need to find X by tomorrow") replies may be deleted.

Corollary: If someone kicks an old thread with a relevant post, please refrain from flaming. Kicked threads are a direct consequence of proper use of the search function.

Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database