Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

pressure regulator Q

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
pressure regulator Q

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:42 am

hi guys,i'm looking for a pressure regulator for my 400 psi air tank. i have bought one but it regulat the pressure by left the over pressure air out :x !!so i holp somebody can show me a real pressure regulator.thanks

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:39 am

you can use a argon reg from welding tanks, dont use that site it was the first one i could find

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks but i have to find one cheaper than that lol

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:54 am

Check second hand shops that have tools. Sometimes you can find a welding regulator. I picked up one for about $15. What output pressure do you want? Welding gas regulators are good for 0-35 PSI. Oxygen regulators are good for up to 50 PSI. Argon regulators are good for up to about 150 PSI.

If you look for CO2 beverage regulators, they come in a couple varieties. Some are set for 50 PSI, some 100 PSI, and some adjustable for 0-150 PSI.

The 50 PSI regulator often called a secondary regulator is designed to run off a lower input pressure. They are used in the soft drink industry after the primary 100 PSI regulator. They should not be used on unregulated CO2 bottles, bust should be used on systems providing less than 200 PSI input.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Well, the one that -_- posted a link to isn't even a pressure regulator, it's a flow regulator.

but it regulat the pressure by left the over pressure air out

If you want useful responses, you may want to contact a member who speaks fluent English, work out together exactly what you're trying to say, and then post a version edited by that person. I know English is a very difficult language to learn, but it's difficult to respond to a garbled question.

Now, the useful information I can give you is that most dedicated air regulators are not rated for input pressures higher than 300psi. You'd be looking for either a general purpose regulator, or a welding regulator modified by removing the CGA adapter on the inlet and replacing it with an NPT pipe nipple. Either way, expect to pay $100 or more (unless you find a cheap CO<sub>2</sub> reg to modify).

Also, welding gas regulators are not nearly so restricted in range as Tech assumes. My oxygen regulator, for example, can provide up to 120psi on the output, and they are available up to (and possibly over) 200psi output pressure. My nitrogen regulator was of the same style, and rated for up to 500psi output pressure.
I do, however, second his suggestion on checking second hand shops. You may get lucky, and find one that only has a broken gauge or some other easily repaired issue.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 pm

I have a regulator that works for 150 but when i try to reduce the pressure the air begin to leak from the regulator. The leak only stops when comes close the pressure i have set :(I'm try to regulator 400psi to 100psi

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm

I have a regulator that works for 150 but when i [sic] try to reduce the pressure the air begin [sic] to leak from the regulator. The leak only stops when [sic] comes close [sic] the pressure i [sic] have set :cry: I'm [sic] try to regulator [sic] 400psi to 100psi [sic]

That's not a problem, that's a feature. It's called a self-relieving regulator. You can either plug the vent, or buy a non-relieving variety.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 pm

It sounds like you may have hooked up the regulator backwards. Try switching the input and output.

The reg on my air compressor is relieving, and if I want 50 PSI out, it'll bleed the downstream portion till it's at 50, but won't bleed the 6 gallon tank to 50.

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
ramses
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 pm

@ ramses. i think DYI is correct. its most likely a feature of the regulator.

and i would definetly look at surplus and used tool places. i was able to pick up a new 3/8inch 400psi regulator that has a 0-200psi outlet for only $15. this regulator is very handy as i can use my propane tank (350psi) for lower presssure PVC cannons. i

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:13 pm

C11, where did you find that regulator?

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Gun Freak wrote:C11, where did you find that regulator?

the same place i got my co2 tank, 600psi gauge, cheap fire extinguishers, 1inch qev, a couple pneumatic cylinders, assorted dirt cheep high quality brass fittings, and some ball valves

http://www.delaneyssurplus.com

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 pm

LOL too bad its in Wisconsin :P Nice find though. There aren't many items on their web page.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 pm

the we site for them sucks, i always go to the store becuase in inventory changes like daily and you can negotiate the prices in person

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database