Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 76 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 72 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Hammer valve (Soon-to-be)semi-auto gun

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Hammer valve (Soon-to-be)semi-auto gun

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:32 am

Hi there fellow spudders,
after following the site quite a long time (not only this site, but quality it has ;)) I decided to build a semi-automatic gun that would just consist of parts you can buy everywhere. Thats because i have no access to any higher machines, im happy I own a screwdriver :P

Im going to build a stock asap, I´m thinking of some hot glue covering painted black so the somewhat gettoish design is hidden :P

Enough talking, some pics(notice that the gun isn´t fully assembled, as I´m missing a single part to connect the barrel and that barrel and magazines are also missing. Some diagrams will be added though)

Attachments
DSC04732.JPG
whole gun
DSC04733.JPG
valve part (no hammer there yet)
DSC04734.JPG
filling shrader(i like the cleanness of this)
quark.png
quark.png (6.48 KiB) Viewed 2258 times
Last edited by The_Guerilla_Guy on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are so many assholes - and so few bullets
The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:40 am

Looks like it would work well, how does your valve look internally?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:50 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Looks like it would work well, how does your valve look internally?

I edited a pic to the top. basically its a screw with a washer and metal plate srewed to the end. I drilled a hole into the end of that endcap until it fitted nicely. might be leaking a bit, but I haven´t found a proof for that ;P

I already tested it without a barrel, everything is airtight and at about 7 Bar it gives a nice bang :twisted: Without a hammer i didn´t manage to get more than two shots out of it, because i hit it to hard

The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 am

Looks good but there's quite a lot of "dead space" (volume between the valve and barrel) which makes it less efficient, what calibre will you be using it for? If it's airsoft or 4.5mm BB, it would be better to use 1/4" or 1/8" parts for the hammer portion, you'll get more power from each shot.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 am

Yes, there is some dead space, but im going to use it with an 1/2 inch barrel and some steel balls that fit it. Also, that is all i have when it comes to parts, since I have to walk (dont have a drivers license yet) about ten kilometers to the next hardware store, which has become somewhat difficult concerning the temperatures here :) but maybe I´ll do that in the near future. my first problem is the magazine. I thought about a spring loaded tube in a tee connected to the barrel. But wouldn´t it be a waste of power to just load the bbs into the barrel without a bolt closing the gap into the magazine?

The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 am

The_Guerilla_Guy wrote:I thought about a spring loaded tube in a tee connected to the barrel. But wouldn´t it be a waste of power to just load the bbs into the barrel without a bolt closing the gap into the magazine?

As you can see, the next BB effecively blocks the magazine so very little air is wasted provided the tube in which the BBs has an internal diameter very close to the BB diameter.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 am

Hmm ok, I´ll try that then for the moment. i hope to find some nice HPA tank with a remote regulator as youz showed me the other day. That would be a beast. any idea if it is possible to recock the hammer to power a full auto? I thought i could build a tee where the elbow is now, leading it just infront of the hammer, but that would be a huge lot more dead space.

The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:30 am

The_Guerilla_Guy wrote:any idea if it is possible to recock the hammer to power a full auto?

I tried and failed, but it's not impossible ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 am

Think this may work?

Attachments
Unbenannt.png
idea
Unbenannt.png (13.65 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: Crna Legija » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 am

it looks like it might, you'd probable need 200+psi

'' To alcohol... The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.”
--Homer Simpson

Add me on ps3: wannafuk, 8/11/11 cant wait
Crna Legija
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Gaderelguitarist » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:27 am

Im going to build a stock asap, I´m thinking of some hot glue covering painted black so the somewhat gettoish design is hidden

So you intend to essentially cast a stock out of hot glue? That's a new one.

since I have to walk (dont have a drivers license yet) about ten kilometers to the next hardware store, which has become somewhat difficult concerning the temperatures here

Someone is dedicated to building stuff.

While your idea for a self cocking hammer looks doable, the proportions need to be tweaked a little. Don't walk twenty kilometers to find out that you need more parts, or didn't design it well enough. The little sear at the bottom looks like you'll have the ability to do semi and a slow cycling full auto if it all works as planned.

so many muchness
Gaderelguitarist
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: FighterAce » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

The_Guerilla_Guy wrote:since I have to walk (dont have a drivers license yet) about ten kilometers to the next hardware store

You dont require a drivers license for a bicycle :D

FighterAce
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Gaderelguitarist wrote:While your idea for a self cocking hammer looks doable, the proportions need to be tweaked a little.

It certainly needs "tweakability", you're going to have to vary bolt and hammer spring strength/travel and perhaps hammer weight until you get it working satisfactorily.

Here's a design I had come up with incorporating a sleeve type loading mechanism, never built it though:

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: The_Guerilla_Guy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:54 pm

So you intend to essentially cast a stock out of hot glue? That's a new one.

I dont think so. I think I saw a grip made with something similar, a blowgun casted in some sort of glue, but I don´t remember who it was. But I agree as I haven´t seen a whole stock made out of it.

You dont require a drivers license for a bicycle Very Happy

Yes true, but I normally go there from school, to which I get by bus XD and riding a bicycle when the whole street is frozen is just funny when you can watch other people do it :P

It certainly needs "tweakability", you're going to have to vary bolt and hammer spring strength/travel and perhaps hammer weight until you get it working satisfactorily.

I could make the lower spring tweakable by addind a screw to the end to loose the strength. The upper spring should do fine as its only there to get the bolt pack in position, which doesn´t have to be extremely fast at least for semi-auto. Hammer and bolt weight would have to be tried several times though I think.

Here's a design I had come up with incorporating a sleeve type loading mechanism, never built it though:

This is nearly similar to a design i came up with yesterday, basically the air pushes the bolt back, creating something like a virtual second chamber. My only concern is that, to get the full power, this tube would have to be the same length and diameter as the actual barrel, wouldn´t it?

Edit: Ok, i see I´m too dumb to attach an image. Pic added to attachment.

Attachments
inline coaxial hammer.png
inline coaxial hammer.png (8.24 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
The_Guerilla_Guy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:08 am

The_Guerilla_Guy wrote:This is nearly similar to a design i came up with yesterday, basically the air pushes the bolt back, creating something like a virtual second chamber.

That's actually quite a good idea :)

My only concern is that, to get the full power, this tube would have to be the same length and diameter as the actual barrel, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily, depends what pressure you're using. If you're using 8 bar for example, the tube can be 7 times smaller than the volume of the barrel and it will work.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database