Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Baldyforks, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

copper pistonvalve air cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
copper pistonvalve air cannon

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:41 pm

a general overview:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrsWolKFCNI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

a dry fire demo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgxuq5PCKNU&feature=mfu_channel&list=UL[/youtube]

live fire demo:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvZTYAxY1U[/youtube]

thank you to everyone who i asked questions about soldering copper pipes! :D i couldn't have done it without you guys!

if anyone else is on YouTube (i know some of you are) please pm me your username so that i can subscribe, and if you subscribe back it wouldn't hurt :roll:

please give me any constructive criticism you have!
this is the first piston valve cannon that i have actually got to work, so i know there is room for improvement, and i will make an epoxy piston when i get my hands on some more epoxy.
I also plan to build one with an airsoft barrel as soon as i get the parts in, (which could take weeks of begging to get one of my parents to drive me to the hardware store :roll:)

please don't hesitate to as questions

thank you for viewing! :D

Last edited by qwert123 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm

Looking good. There's always room for improvement on your next one :)
Why the coupler on the blowgun? You should put it straight into the tee. Try to use as little fittings as possible behind the piston.
I hope I can get my hands on some of that same size tubing. My math is telling me that none of the K&S tubing at Ace will fit a .177 pellet but apparently some people have good luck with it. I plan on making a .177 hammer valve. I know for sure one of the sizes they carry is .222" ID... Perfect for .22 pellets. But I'd still rather use .177.
Looking forward to your next! Keep up the good work. You clearly did some research on this one... Nice job.

OG Anti-Hybrid
One man's trash is a true Spudder's treasure!
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Looking good. There's always room for improvement on your next one :)
Why the coupler on the blowgun? You should put it straight into the tee. Try to use as little fittings as possible behind the piston.
I hope I can get my hands on some of that same size tubing. My math is telling me that none of the K&S tubing at Ace will fit a .177 pellet but apparently some people have good luck with it. I plan on making a .177 hammer valve. I know for sure one of the sizes they carry is .222" ID... Perfect for .22 pellets. But I'd still rather use .177.
Looking forward to your next! Keep up the good work. You clearly did some research on this one... Nice job.

thanks! i built this, at first i planed to pilot this with a schrader...... didn't work, and i had already been to the hardware store that day so their was no chance of getting anyone to drive me, and the tee and coupler was the only thing i had to fit it as a pilot :roll: and i checked, it is 7/32" brass tubing, i couldn't find it anywhere! but one day i got dragged into the local craft store, you may be familiar with "hobby lobby" and they had tons of sizes of brass, just ask a worker, if they say they don't have any, then they just aren't aware of it, keep asking workers until one that knows what your looking for can take you to it. you wont be able to find it any other way, its in a really weird place. and i had a few BB's in my pocket by chance, so i found the right size. there is a tiny gap, but a small piece of paper towel wrapped around the pellet/ BB fixes that.

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: evanmcorleytv » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Looks good!! Again, there is ALWAYS room for improvement!! To a point though..

evanmcorleytv
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm

evanmcorleytv wrote:Looks good!! Again, there is ALWAYS room for improvement!! To a point though..

i consider improvement not trying to pilot this with a bike tire valve :roll:

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

fireing demo

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

i know its dark, but it was the first chance i had to film a video

live fire demonstration:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pvZTYAxY1U[/youtube]

sorry for the double post

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Sounds quiet, is that just the mic or is it actually pretty soft?

OG Anti-Hybrid
Golf Ball Cannon "Superna"M16 BBMGPengunHammer Valve Airsoft SniperHigh Pressure .22 Coax
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Sounds quiet, is that just the mic or is it actually pretty soft?

hehe, internally suppressed :D suppressors are my specialty, i have no idea why but i can always make a good suppressor for my airguns, i even made one for my store bought pellet rifle 8)

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Gun Freak » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Ah ok, I remember in the overview video you said there was a spacer about half way down the front copper pipe, is that where the suppressor begins? Nice job.

OG Anti-Hybrid
Holy Shat!
Gun Freak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: qwert123 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Gun Freak wrote:Ah ok, I remember in the overview video you said there was a spacer about half way down the front copper pipe, is that where the suppressor begins? Nice job.

yep! i went back in and pulled out the barrel, drilled a ton of 1/16" holes on the last 3" or so, wrapped it in cotton cloth, and sealed the spacer. the key to a good suppressor is a perfect seal with the outer case, and inner part/ barrel

qwert123
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database