Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 91 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 86 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], mark.f, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Hello all, my first cannon ever! All aluminum piston valve

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Dirtman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:59 am

Tech thanks! this is the kind of criticism I'm looking for! The piston diameter is 3.5" and the barrel sealing surface is 2.25". So far in my test fires I've never herd any honking noises and I don't "think" the piston is moving back and forth during a fire. The noise is consistently one loud bang and a second of hissing while the chamber fully drains.

One thing I didn't like in other designs I saw online was putting an equalization hole in the piston. My piston is completely sealed (yes it still moves freely) and the pressure is equalized externally and then the chamber and pilot are completely shut off from each other before firing. I thought this would help make sure the piston would travel backwards faster and more efficiently. I'm not sure if this was a bad idea or hurts performance considering this is the only cannon I've ever fired.

I'll take a video and make sure to get a good sound clip on saturday.

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database