Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: arboles1237, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

2 new Guns. Rifle and Bazooka!

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

2 new Guns. Rifle and Bazooka!

Unread postAuthor: Snowmaker » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Gday All,

I just today joined the site and am a 1st time poster. I recently decided i would have a go at building an air gun. I Just found this site and am going to sift through the wealth of info on here.

Anyway i wanted to use parts at work and make something that could fire a readily available ammo. Marbles.. 100 for $1 at the Dollar Store.

I Built the rifle 1st and the Bazooka 2nd.

Very basic. 1.5inch pressure rated PVC as the chamber and 3/4 inch Copper to the modified sprinkler valve. Then a steel barrel. I Originally just had a 3/4 Ball valve but recently changed over to the sprinkler valve. I changed that today after finding this site.. Holy SH*T. I reckon it at least doubles the power. The "snap" is instant.

I think its pretty accurate. I can consistently hit within 4 inches of a bullseye on a dartboard at about 100-120ft.. Blows a hole clean through a piece of 3/4 ply. But i am a really crappy shot.. Never owned a gun and only shot a small few.

I also made the barrel interchangeable so i can fire small ball bearings big/small marbles, golf balls. Anything i find really..

2Inch steel chamber and barrel. 2inch Ball valve that i modified and fluid filmed the SH*T out of so it opens super fast.

I threw the barrel on the pipe threader and reamed out the top so i can slide a potato/apple straight in and the excess cuts away.

This thing fires anything.. a golf ball wrapped in a rag gets shot into oblivion. I can fire apples easily but half the time they explode as they come out of the barrel.. I think maybe the chamber is too big or the barrel a little short..

I have a separate barrel for it which will shoot Snooker/Billiard balls. I have a ton.. Haven't tested that yet

I made it in about 25 mins from random pieces of pipe. I tapped in a pressure gauge. Very basic i know.. :)

I run about 150PSI through both..

Gave them a quick hit of black paint today..

As i said this is my 1st attempt at a gun in any way so if anyone has ANY constructive criticism id LOVE to hear it.. I reckon they are ok for a 1st crack.. I was blown away by the power.. But as i said i've never owned a gun.. They are pretty hard to get a hold of where i am from.

What do you guys think? How could i improve either of them?

Unread postAuthor: 8tonsemi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Nice. I like the guns that shoot smaller projectiles because of there accuracy.

Unread postAuthor: Spud Destruction » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 pm

8tonsemi wrote:Nice. I like the guns that shoot smaller projectiles because of there accuracy.

Big guns can also be accurate. we shoot around 20 ft away with our cannon and hit on target, but then again we do laser site the cannon before the show. So i guess were cheating haha. Nice guns though. I'm finnaly going to be able to do some long shooting this weekend. That vid will be up by next week. I have a chance to go 50ft to 100ft from target. Don't know how that will go..

Spud Destruction
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database