Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Sniper

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 am

Yes, 2 T fittings welded together to save space and have a short stroke. The steel plunger was just a perfect fit in the T's, they are compression fittings so have a machined internal bore.
How did I get it airtight? pure luck. I was worried that the pluger might kick down when I fired and would need a locking mechanism, but it doesn't move at all.
Gravity feeds the balls down, so the last few don't get fired as they have to move sideways, if I find a suitable spring I could lay the tube down or even underneath which would look a bit cooler, but for now gravity is my friend.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: django » Tue May 21, 2013 6:52 am

Wow that's really great,I though of a similar type of loader years ago but never went ahead with trying to make one.

My idea was similar but I was going to use some sort of small solenoid to articulate the BB interrupter rod though then I'd need batteries too...

django
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:22 pm

You could use a little manual valve, there is no effort to work the mechanism, a tiny cylinder would do the job.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

i think that u should add a tank mount so it can be portable

dart guy
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: django » Fri May 31, 2013 8:34 pm

I just had a thought last night about this great feeder system used on this gun but somehow incorporate a Pump Action mechanism joined onto the " reload Plunger".

Just trying to get my head around how I will get the Pump action to articulate the Reload Plunger?,iv'e allway's wanted to make a Pump Action 6mm steel BB firer

django
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:53 am

I think that would be quite easy, I was thinking the same thing myself until I got a 3' length tube and thought 'SNIPER!!!'. I will do a drawing of my idea and you can see what you think.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: django » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:22 am

farcticox1 wrote:I think that would be quite easy, I was thinking the same thing myself until I got a 3' length tube and thought 'SNIPER!!!'. I will do a drawing of my idea and you can see what you think.

If you have a plan that would be great!, I really want to make a Pump Action 6mm shooter and will use my QEV VALVE and 3 Way Poppet valve along with your BB feeder style with a Pump action attatched.

Ive not made any guns for a long time now, so time to get moving again!

django
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:52 pm

So here it is, you will need to work out the details obviously, some of the linkages need to pass by each other so you will need some offset, also on the fixed linkage piece I would suggest a series of holes so you can get leverage/stroke fine tuned. And you will need a return spring on the sliding tube and end stops both ways.

The more I look at this the more I want to build it, I think this is my next project.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: django » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 pm

That will work nice!!, though trying to fine tune all the hinges and get them the right length so it operates correctly might be a pain??.

The other prob I can see is the bbs all pushing upwards when the gun is at rest position, even if the spring is very light surely will push the bbs up into the T fittings?

django
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:54 am

Fine tuning is the fun part, anywho the plunger will be fully up at rest so there is nowhere for the BBs to go. Plunger down when you pump backwards and back up when you release (pump forwards)
When I was building mine I started with cardboard linkages just get an idea of sizes and hole spaces.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: sagthegreat » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Can you do shooting tests aginst the bottom of a soda can from point blank... i wanna make one but wanna gauge power first

sagthegreat
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Will go thru center bottom and split top but not exit. No penetration on bottom edge, standing up goes straight thru.

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: farcticox1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:14 pm

The other prob I can see is the bbs all pushing upwards when the gun is at rest position, even if the spring is very light surely will push the bbs up into the T fittings?

Yes I tried it and the balls all squirted out when the plunger was down, I have drilled a detent into the T and am still experimenting with it. Watch for a new post called 'Pump Action' coming soon(ish)

farcticox1
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: sagthegreat » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Instead of a mag, make it have a oring, this will increase the pressure behind each bb. Also mak eit bolt action for feeding each bb

sagthegreat
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database