Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 74 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 336 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jimmy1985, MSN [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Tennis Ball Cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Tennis Ball Cannon

Unread postAuthor: Chuckd763 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi everyone and TIA for any input on my query. I have High pressure tanks for my PCP Airguns, 5000 psi max that have a foster fitting on them. I am wondering if I can just use some kind of trigger off the tank to a barrel and ;aunch some tenis balls for my very hyper pooch so he can run a bit more in his game of fetch?

Chuckd763
Private
Private

Re: Tennis Ball Cannon

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 am

Welcome to the forum!

Do your tanks have a paintball type ASA thread?

Do you have access to some basic tools?

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Chuckd763 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm

I am handy and I have tools. The tanks are of the SCBA nature. They have two guages one for tank pressure and one for whatever you are filling. They connect by a quick connect foster fitting. I am just wondering if I would have to build a plenum or could I just find a suitable trigger and go right from the tank? I am not looking for a high level cannon just something that will hurl a tennis ball a hundred feet or
so.

Chuckd763
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Chuckd763 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:44 pm

I was really hoping to just have the tank in a backpack and a simple hose fed trigger on the launch tube that I could pipe with high pressure hose from tank to trigger to tube. So I guess I really need to know what would make a cheap trigger and could I get away with pvc pipe. I would like to keep it as light and simple as possible.

Chuckd763
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database