Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 143 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 138 guests


Most users ever online was 336 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Side lever for the hammer

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:58 pm

I can not figure out how to connect the side lever to the hammer, the parchment, how is it connected.
Cuz when I arm the hammer, the parchment(?) Must not stay connected to hammer, but how will it stay to his place ..., I need a diagram...
https://youtu.be/iTsEsBEhlOQ
  • 1

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:35 pm

Your project looks very interesting and well manufactured. I like the side lever to compress the spring.
Your video:
  • 0

Ideas don't make holes, guns do!
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 243

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:41 pm

hectmarr wrote:Your project looks very interesting and well manufactured. I like the side lever to compress the spring.

It is not my video, I am working on it, and I like what this guy ( in vid.) has done. Only thing wrong is he chosen wrong fire extinguisher head, too large output for 6 mm. There are exact 6 .mm heads .
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: Haniball1337 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Hah, I watched all his videos last time even liked them all. This guy is doing great job , I'm curious what is the highest pressure that he put in this tank. I also want to know more about this side lever.
  • 0


Haniball1337
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:38 pm
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 9

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 pm

bravootome wrote:
hectmarr wrote:Your project looks very interesting and well manufactured. I like the side lever to compress the spring.

It is not my video, I am working on it, and I like what this guy ( in vid.) has done. Only thing wrong is he chosen wrong fire extinguisher head, too large output for 6 mm. There are exact 6 .mm heads .

Oh yeah. :) I mean the video that you uploaded, which is clear, is from another person. The project is interesting, although I think it is necessary to have certain not so basic tools. :wink:
 
  • 0

Ideas don't make holes, guns do!
User avatar
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Yaren
Country: Nauru (nr)
Reputation: 243

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:01 am

Maybe this will be helpful:



The resolution is not brilliant but you can see the important bits.
  • 1

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25633
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 343

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:11 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Maybe this will be hel

The resolution is not brilliant but you can see the important bits.

No it doesn't. Just want to see how the lever pulls back the hammer and then when you push the lever back, what happens to the parchment.......
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 pm

Haniball1337 wrote:Hah, I watched all his videos last time even liked them all. This guy is doing great job , I'm curious what is the highest pressure that he put in this tank. I also want to know more about this side lever.

1000 psi, 65 bar I think. It is a lot of pressure.
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:21 pm

bravootome wrote:No it doesn't. Just want to see how the lever pulls back the hammer and then when you push the lever back, what happens to the parchment.......


Not sure what you mean by "parchment" exactly but look here:

Image

It's quite clear how the hammer is cocked and the lever is then returned to the firing position.
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25633
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 343

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:18 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
bravootome wrote:No it doesn't. Just want to see how the lever pulls back the hammer a

It's quite clear how the hammer is cocked and the lever is then returned to the firing position.

Not this kind of lever,. The one in the upper video. The lever for the hammer. By parchment I mean the rod that pulls the hammer ,
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:11 pm

So ,. I am close to finish it,. But..... The hammers bounce back, I do not get that clear bang like it should but much like a pzsuu......
Is the hammer to heavy ?
Only tested to 18 bar. I use a soft spring,,........,.than before
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:56 pm

bravootome wrote:So ,. I am close to finish it,. But..... The hammers bounce back, I do not get that clear bang like it should but much like a pzsuu......
Is the hammer to heavy ?
Only tested to 18 bar. I use a soft spring,,........,.than before

There used to be people round here,. Anyhow I finished the project, but, with plastic bb and 6.01 airsoft steel barrel, I hit by 17 m around a Coca-Cola cap target. With my other ex guns I could hit the " o" from cOcacola written on the cap.... The misses go larger as I increase the pressure / speed. So the bb gets fly wrong before it exits the barrel.....
What could it be......???!?!?!
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 am

Have you measured the velocity? Could the air blast be damaging the BB in the barrel? What weight and quality of BB are you using? With cheap 0.12g BBs, I have managed to fragment them in the barrel just from the air blast...
  • 0

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 25633
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Chad (td)
Reputation: 343

Re: Side lever for the hammer

Unread postAuthor: bravootome » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:07 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Have you measured the velocity? Could the air blast be damaging the BB in the barrel? What weight and quality of BB are you using? With cheap 0.12g BBs, I have managed to fragment them in the barrel just from the air blast...

0.40g bb -AirArms. The bb gets inttactc inside my targets. I do not use any hopup.
Anyhow I kind of figured out why the bad groups. It is the fact that there free space between the bb and barrel . My other accurate gun had a barrel ( a pipe) that was exact same size as the bb, sort of like pellet airguns.......
So it will never shoot good ever. The bb roll down the barrel very easy..... I paid 40 Euro for the barrel just to be sure it is perfect......

I am despointed .........
  • 0

come undone
User avatar
bravootome
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 am
Country: Trinidad and Tobago (tt)
Reputation: 12

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot]

Reputation System ©'