Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 51 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

5 shot cannon...

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Major Collins » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:25 am

well it fires marbles roughly 17 to 18 mm is that good enough? and i dont know how to read or understand calibers :/ i just know its like a something of a inch lawl umm a hammer valve hey... hrmmm? can you help me out with this hammer valve? : D

Major Collins
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 am

Calibre is simply a measure of bore diameter, so a 9mm pistol is roughly equivalent to a 0.38". In your case, we're talking of around 0.75" or 3/4".

Your best bet is to obtain a quick exhaust valve or QEV, which is widely available and for relatively few $$$, and modify it with a spring behind the piston so it resets quickly. You'd then need to pilot it with some sort of momentary valve, a blowgun will do. In this way, you pilot the valve and fire the shot, then when you release the pilot the spring will reseat the piston and you're read for your next shot.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Major Collins » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:53 pm

hrmm i think i get it lol

yeah im currently using a ball valve and ive tried making my own piston valve but have trouble with that :/ so i play around with it every now and again but it never works ... and as for a blowgun im buying one off eBay very soon my only problem is obtaining a piston / qev valve.
when you say put a spring behind the piston i dont quite under stand that .. can you show me in a diagram?

Major Collins
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database