Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 49 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Profs marble sniper (as seen at spudshot.com)

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Profs marble sniper (as seen at spudshot.com)

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:24 pm

This is my marble gun. It was used in the wall of doom ( http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5330& ) and for the damage and also in the accurate marble ammo how to ( http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5316& ). It has a 2 inch by 1 1/2 foot chamber and a 3 foot 1/2inch barrel. Its breech loading but the breach doesnt seal. I really need to paint it but here it is. The pictures are in no perticular order.

Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL

SOO CUTE!! OMG!! I COULD JUST LICK YOU!!
ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:27 pm

wow, verrrrrrrrrrry nice. how did you space out and drill those holes on the barrel shroud so perfectly? I want to do that, but when I try, It turns out looking like crap.

Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Bluetooth » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm

I love the spring loaded breach :D !! Thats pretty cool. It looks like a classic sprinkler valve pneumatic. Is it just me or are we like the only ones posting?

Bluetooth
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 pm

Everyone else hates me because my guns are so much more awesomer then theirs :D Oh and for the barrel shoud it took me about an hour and a half of measuring and drawing strait lines. You have to start out by drawing a x on one end of the pipe.

Then look down the pipe and draw a point that lines up strait with a point on the x. Now get a ruler and a connect the 2 lines together. Measure out the distance that you wont your holes to be at and put dots there.Now do it 3 more times and your done!

Insomniac wrote:Hey why am I a goose???? Why not somthing a little more awe inspireing, like an eagle or something? LOL

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:41 pm

Bluetooth wrote:I love the spring loaded breach :D !! That's pretty cool. It looks like a classic sprinkler valve pneumatic. Is it just me or are we like the only ones posting?

yeah, it seems that way...

ok, I get it now. I am going to make a barrel shroud with 3 inch for the 20' aluminum barrel

schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:50 pm

Well you dont make an X on the other end of the pipe. You make a mark half way down the pipe.

then you draw a strait line connecting those 2 lines. Its hard to explain without you being here.

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:06 pm

Ummm....Nice feet, and nice gun while im at it, How did you drill the hole for the breech so nice?did you use a dremel? When I try to do mine they always turn out like crap as I use a angle grinder :roll: its really really fast :oops:

MrCrowley

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:17 pm

I just used a spaid(sp) drill bit. Wow, doing it with an ankle grinder would be scary. I would have all ready cut my whole hand off! :?

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:26 pm

ahh, angle grinders aren't scary! you just have to know how to use one. :wink:

schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:32 pm

I have used one before and I touched it down to the metal and almost ripped out of my hands. That was when I was 11 though. It reminds me of the time when I was 8 and my dad let me shoot his .22 pistol. I didnt know what blow back was and put my thumb on the side that moves back and forth when you fire. I shot it and when It moves back forward it ripped my skin off with it. It hurt soo bad.

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Flying_Salt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:37 pm

So is typical marble size 1/2''?

sgort87 wrote:I hereby present Flying_Salt with The one and only <a href="http://www.geocities.com/sgort87/ghetto">Ghetto Award!</a>
Flying_Salt
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:39 pm

yeah. The ones I got are. My friend gave my huge amounts of them so Im set for life. :D

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:52 pm

ProfessorAmadeus wrote:I just used a spaid(sp) drill bit. Wow, doing it with an ankle grinder would be scary. I would have all ready cut my whole hand off! :?

Oh cool i have a spade drill bit,but last time I tried it with the spade bit it ripped the pipe open :cry: Ankle grinders are scary but angle grinders arn't :wink:

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: Flying_Salt » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:05 pm

Hey, I have all this 1/2'' pipe laying around in my garage, I think its for making a mosquito net frame or something. I wonder if I can talk my dad into letting me use that :?
Hey I just found out these little ball bearings from this magnetic thing my sisters have fits perfectly in it.

sgort87 wrote:I hereby present Flying_Salt with The one and only <a href="http://www.geocities.com/sgort87/ghetto">Ghetto Award!</a>
Flying_Salt
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: ProfessorAmadeus » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:12 pm

Awesome find! Thats soo cool. Those are kinda like what I have but I got mine from shop class.

ProfessorAmadeus
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database