Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

My first and second continous air launchers.

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Orpackrat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 pm

ShowNoMercy wrote:So the first picture has the bend setup and in the bottem half there is a 9oz CO2 tank? Or is the barrel? Im so confused..... lol

OK, in the first picture, the top section holds the 9oz Co2, the two 90 degree bends contain a steel braided hose from a Tippmann 98 Custom, the bottom section (handles sticking out from each end) holds the charging and firing valves with the expansion chamber between them. The barrel is not connected in the picture and it would connect right after the second valve (the one on the bottom right of the picture).

Orpackrat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: ShowNoMercy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:29 pm

Right, ok that makes a whole lot more sense, and damn that link you posted is crazy, I think I wanna build one now, you said that you were starting a paintball shop. How much is a reg setup to go HPA to say a 100 psi? And how much does it cost to fill a tank up?

ShowNoMercy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Orpackrat » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 pm

ShowNoMercy wrote:Right, ok that makes a whole lot more sense, and damn that link you posted is crazy, I think I wanna build one now, you said that you were starting a paintball shop. How much is a reg setup to go HPA to say a 100 psi? And how much does it cost to fill a tank up?

Yes, starting, I just got done filing my local business license today. Hopefully I will be placing an order for some inventory. The business will only be online and at all the paintball games I go to.

What exactly to do mean go HPA. Compressed air tanks for paintball are extremely expensive. 88 Cubic Inch 4500 PSI tanks, the ones used on the cannon in the link are about $150-200 each. On a paintball gun I think they will fire about 1200 paintballs, I use Co2 because a tank that can fire around 1200 shots will cost only about $30 dollars and that is a 24oz Co2 tank. Co2 comes out of the bottle at about 800PSI at about 70 degrees. On an HPA tank they need a regulator on the bottle, you can get a low pressure (about 400PSI) or a high pressure (about 800PSI). From there you need a regulator to turn the pressure down to about 100PSI, you can get these online for about $100 dollars (designed to use Co2 and air tires after off-roading) or on ebay there are some adjustable (0-800 PSI) regulators designed to fit Tippmann 98 Customs for about $25.

The price for filling HPA I am not sure of, depending on the size of you bottle I do not think it would cost more than about $8 but finding someone that can fill HPA is difficult (best place is a scuba shop or paintball field). I use Co2 because it is alot eaisier to find, pawn shops, military surplus, sporting goods, walmart (exchange but you need their brand tanks), and many other places + if you find a good place you can expect to pay about $.25 an ounce. The people I play paintball with charge $5.00 for all day Co2 and air and when I play I usually fill almost $40.00 worth of Co2 for the price of $5.

Soon though I will be refilling my own Co2 for pennies though. HPA is still very expensive compared to Co2 but has some atvantages.

Anyways, the price for making a system to have an output of about 100PSI and not including you time and the materials for charging (a tire chuck) would cost you approximently:

HPA Large tanks 88ci 4500psi + cheap regulator = probably about $230

Co2 Large 20 or 24 ounce tank + cheap regulator = proabbly about $55

Orpackrat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database