Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 41 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

My QEV copper cannon

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:09 pm

550 fps is nowhere near impossible.
I've seen cannons not too far distant from that one put out a confirmed 650 fps with a 10gr projectile.

It's rather common that UK spudders use C:B ratios in the 1:1 to 1.5:1 ratio. The power loss is much smaller than you might expect.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:27 pm

Thanks Jo, (these americans seem to under estimate our cannons powers) <rant>just because they arnt huge and PVC with somekind of new fangled electronic doohicckys, they cant be that powerfull. sorry for the rant but dont underestimate the country that baught you modern engineering...</rant>
  • 0


spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:00 pm

spanerman wrote:Thanks Jo, (these americans seem to under estimate our cannons powers) <rant>just because they arnt huge and PVC with somekind of new fangled electronic doohicckys, they cant be that powerfull. sorry for the rant but dont underestimate the country that baught you modern engineering...</rant>


hahaha yer damn Americans,

for ya informations:

-i prefer small bores over large
-i do like you gun but 550fps @100 seems unprobable but at higher pressures seem likely to do it.

oh and ima aussie, dont go baggin me now, coz there is quite a few of us on here nowdays.

peace
chaos
  • 0

User avatar
chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:31 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:03 pm

spanerman wrote:<rant>just because they arnt huge and PVC with somekind of new fangled electronic doohicckys, they cant be that powerfull. sorry for the rant but dont underestimate the country that baught you modern engineering...</rant>


I was going to add "proper English" to the list of the UK's accolades although that would have been rather ironic :P
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:55 am

Proper english you say? Just a moment... *Cough cough*

<poshbritishaccent> I say Spanerman, old chum. This thread appears to have been vandalised by foreign ruffians. We shall have to give them what for, dear fellow. </poshbritishaccent>

Actually, a little poll about what bores people prefer to would be interesting to see. In general, it appears that the average bore size has reduced over the last few months.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:58 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
spanerman wrote:<rant>just because they arnt huge and PVC with somekind of new fangled electronic doohicckys, they cant be that powerfull. sorry for the rant but dont underestimate the country that baught you modern engineering...</rant>


I was going to add "proper English" to the list of the UK's accolades although that would have been rather ironic :P


im not even english, and sorry, i assumed you were american, my bad, what would lead you to belive that it cant do 555fps?
  • 0

Last edited by spanerman on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:03 am

Spanerman, can I suggest that you don't get into any form of argument?

It's not going to help anyone.

And normally, foreigners aren't great at distinguishing Wales from the other parts of Britain, so don't get into an argument about that either.
  • 0

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
User avatar
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: SW Hertfordshire, England, UK.
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: Se7en » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:45 am

ok yer i don't want an argument either and i very well believe this thing can achieve 550fps But i reckon it wouldn't happen at 100psi. but i could possibly be wrong coz you do have a very long barrel so whatever it is doesn't matter, its a good gun it brings the same enjoyment as anything else you would normally see on here so :)

happy shooting

peace chaos
  • 0


Se7en
Private
Private
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:48 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:48 am

Se7en wrote:ok yer i don't want an argument either and i very well believe this thing can achieve 550fps But i reckon it wouldn't happen at 100psi. but i could possibly be wrong coz you do have a very long barrel so whatever it is doesn't matter, its a good gun it brings the same enjoyment as anything else you would normally see on here so :)

happy shooting

peace chaos


Umm im very sorry guys that was my post my stupid bro was logged in and i diddnt realize, so i claim that post

chaos
  • 0

User avatar
chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:31 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 am

ok, i dont want an argument, but please aknowlage that it can do 555fps, i intend to buy a chronometer to test this in the near futre, i have tried the sound method of testing muzzle velocity a a further 5 times today with the average esult of 543fps :twisted:
  • 0


spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:22 am

spanerman wrote:ok, i dont want an argument, but please aknowlage that it can do 555fps, i intend to buy a chronometer to test this in the near futre, i have tried the sound method of testing muzzle velocity a a further 5 times today with the average esult of 543fps :twisted:



i know that and i do agree, but not with 100psi.
  • 0

User avatar
chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:31 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:24 am

100psi is what the guage is showing on my track pump guage....
  • 0


spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:31 am

i dunno man, 550fps with 12g projectile seems easily possible, but not at 100psi i suppose a proper chrony test will sort this out.
  • 0

User avatar
chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:31 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:34 am

oh btw earlyer in this thread, you said my CB ratio was off, could you elaberate on this? i dont see a problem with it what kind of ratio do you guys work to?
  • 0


spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: spanerman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 am

  • 0

Last edited by spanerman on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

spanerman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'