Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Another first pneumatic spud gun...

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: hi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 pm

the caps and tee are not dwv, they are nsf-pw pvc, i use those same parts, they are perfectly safe.

hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Okay, sorry they look like the DWV parts at home-cheapo.

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Unread postAuthor: lukemc » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:51 pm

you sure you cement is rated for 200 psi? look at the fine print it most likey says something along the lines of "if properly primed and cemened this glue will hold 200 psi" bold is the part you saw. i however am not perfect and it could be some kind of mix the primes and glues if this is the case please tell me the brand so i can get some

"Those who are different change the world. Those who are the same keep it that way"
lukemc
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: mtaylor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:56 pm

you sure you cement is rated for 200 psi? look at the fine print it most likey says something along the lines of

The container says:
A regular bodied, fast set PVC Solvent Cement (clear) designed for use on PVC pressure pipe and fittings: Schedule 40 through 4", & Schedule 80 up to 2", Types I & II, Irrigation, natural gas pipe, conduit pipe, NSF Certified for use in blah blah blah blah...

For more info on these kinds of pipes, visit:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&c ... yYPTlN5Ecw

Note: My pipes are Schedule 40 2", which is rated at 280psi, and Schedule 40 1.5", rated at 330psi. The point is that the glue and fittings and pipe are all WELL within the range that I will be using. The damn valve will blow way before the gun.

Thanks for taking the fun out of this topic with all your b.s. You are only supposed to say, "Hey, that's cool, man." You are NOT supposed to push crap my way, thinking you are more intelligent than me because you have 3 digit posts and some stupid military title.

i however am not perfect and it could be some kind of mix the primes and glues if this is the case please tell me the brand so i can get some

It was cool of you, lukemc, to not be condescending like some of these other mofo posters. For you:
9-4 regular bodied cement, pvc cement, from Do-it Best. Nothing fancy, just designed for pressure...

mtaylor
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: spudthug » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:59 pm

hey mtaylor were not mofos but dont effing come abck here crying saying u blew ur hand off because u forgot to sand clean and prime the pipes...i can guarentee 100 percent that that gun is not primed and wont hold 200 psi...letalone maybe 120...it will hold for like the first 5 time but then ur glue is weakenned and not bonded because of no priming so...there...go on a suicide mission

4" piston valved cannon-half done..( i spilt my cement...)

Hybrid- 75% done. need to build propane holder and drill/tap sparkplug hole..
spudthug
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:49 pm

just put some epoxy on it there the pipe meets the fittings and it will be ok.

hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mtaylor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:39 pm

hey mtaylor were not mofos but dont effing come abck here crying saying u blew ur hand off because u forgot to sand clean and prime the pipes...i can guarentee 100 percent that that gun is not primed and wont hold 200 psi...letalone maybe 120...it will hold for like the first 5 time but then ur glue is weakenned and not bonded because of no priming so...there...go on a suicide mission

Don't they teach some basic keyboarding skills in elementary school these days? Maybe you didn't hear me when I said I won't be going over 40 - 50 psi. So, why don't you stop beating the horse? He's dead already.

mtaylor
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:48 pm

really spudthug, I've tried to be nice in the past, but you need to work on writing in legible English.

now, go ahead, go nutso on me like usual, and treat me like I'm the unintelligent, uneducated one.(although this is not the case)

this guy has contributed more to the forums in his 9 posts than you have in your 375.

go ahead, prove me wrong.
write legibly, and contribute instead of being a post whore. I'd like to see it. :)

Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mtaylor » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:22 pm

this guy has contributed more to the forums in his 9 posts than you have in your 375.

That is a lovely thing to say. Thank you. :wink:

mtaylor
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:44 am

it's true...

8)

Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: dewey-1 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 pm

--

Last edited by dewey-1 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewey-1
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mtaylor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:59 pm

Which Rainbird valve did you use?

I used the CP-100, I believe... I did a search on it as soon as I got home from the store, and only one thing came up on this website. It was a person saying that they did NOT like it because they thought it opened too slowly. One other person out there in the world wide web came up using Google, and they said they used it and it was great. I proceeded to modify it, and it works great!

I have only taken it up to 50 psi, like I have repeatedly said, and my favorite ammunition is a ping pong ball that has been filled with water, inside my 1.5" barrel. I have found a great way to do this, if anyone is interested:

Cut a small "V" into the ball and bend it outward slightly. Fill with water. Bend V back into ball. Take a knife blade and dip into hot wax from a candle. Feel free to heat the knife blade. Seal the hole shut with the hot wax. It's as easy as spreading butter on toast. For a nice finishing touch, buff with a towel for a smooth finish.

I took one out today and shot it down an empty highway out here in Hick's Ville, and even though it was quite windy, it managed 223 yards at 50psi and a 45 degree angle at time of shooting. Not bad for a ping pong ball.

mtaylor
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database