Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Basic coxial

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:55 pm

Its threads, it so I can get access to the piston.

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: AmYisroelChai » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Thankx...Ok thats what I thought. But 4"?! isnt that a pain to seal tight enough to stay pressurized. Do you have plumbers wrenches that big? OR just allot of teflon tape would work too.

But just one last question? I have a length of 4" PVC (my brothers a plumber I get scraps) I dont have it in front of me now but i am sure it was rated for 150PSI or around there. Is 4" not safe to 125PSI? I noticed you stopped at 50 PSI. Why?

AmYisroelChai
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: scatdawg » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:55 pm

nice cannon. coaxial rocks!

scatdawg
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Blitz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:47 pm

AmYisroelChai wrote:Thankx...Ok thats what I thought. But 4"?! isnt that a pain to seal tight enough to stay pressurized. Do you have plumbers wrenches that big? OR just allot of teflon tape would work too.

But just one last question? I have a length of 4" PVC (my brothers a plumber I get scraps) I dont have it in front of me now but i am sure it was rated for 150PSI or around there. Is 4" not safe to 125PSI? I noticed you stopped at 50 PSI. Why?

It's probably rated for a bit more than that. Most schedule 40 stuff is rated at ~220 or so.

Blitz
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:04 am

AmYisroelChai wrote:Thankx...Ok thats what I thought. But 4"?! isnt that a pain to seal tight enough to stay pressurized. Do you have plumbers wrenches that big? OR just allot of teflon tape would work too.

As long as it has a pressure rating on the side and it does not say cell core you are fine. And the reason I stay around 50psi becuase the fittings are DWV.

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database