Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Basic coxial

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Basic coxial

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:25 pm

Here is a basic coaxial me and my friend made. I still have to clean it and paint it. The chamber is 4''X3' 5'' and the barrel is 2''x3'. It is triggered by a 1'' modded sprinkler valve, with a 3/8'' ball valve.

I made it with the PVC I had just to do some testing on different valve desgins and things. The piston right now it is a 3'' end cap. And on the barrel inside is a 2'' rubber coupling(Thanks to Schmanman.)And then the piston seals against it.

For its size it is pretty powerful, it puts holes in 1/2'' plywood with a D battery, and it also brakes apart Way-lights really easy. I am desgining one and going to build a new bigger cannon, I think bigger than anything on the forum, period. It has a chamber volume of 4519.371ci plus a nother 10' chamber, but with a 2'' barrel inside of it.

Here are some pics-
The whole cannon.
Looking in the back at the barrel with the rubber coupling.

Looking in the back again with the 3'' end cap.
Looking at the front, the barrel is flush with the bushing.
A pic of the modded valve with the 3/8'' ball valve.
Were the valve connects to the end cap.
A pic of the PSIG and the male quick connect.
A nother pic of the valve.
A pic of the back assembly.

If ya got any questions, ask.
Here is the video#1!!

Last edited by WOW!! on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:38 pm

What did you use for barrel supports?
and where'd you get That 4" bushing?
Nice cannon by the way. I LOVE coaxials...

iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:07 am

Very nifty cannon, I really like coaxials.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:54 am

But the support is a 4x2 busing cut down with a Dermal to fit in side the pipe. It was easy to do. And I got all of the parts at Home Depot. That is why there is a coupling in the middle. HD now sells pipes in 2' sections, so instead of buying 10' I just bought 4' of it.

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:16 pm

I like the idea of the rubber coupling as a seal. Probaly makes the construction of the piston easier, huh?. One mor question though: About how much did it cost you for all the parts? (minus the exhaust valve)?

iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Umm, I dont really remember ecause I had most of the stuff allready, but a section of the 4'' pipe, 2 4x2 bushings, 2'' threads, PVC glue and 3 couplings was like $30 something I think. But all of the fittings are NSF-DWV. I would recommend geting pressure rated ones tho. I dont go past 50psi with it usely. So I would say $50 for everything but that might be high because I had some of the stufff allready.

And it was super easy to the piston assembly. I like just haveing the end cap because it cuts down on the weight to, because the is lighter than a 3'' coupling with all the washers and hardware on it. Got anymore Q's?

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Wheres the video's of all the termoil and destruction???

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:47 pm

I am working on it now. It puts D batterys thougth 1/2'' ply, and it broke apart a concrete block. But I hit the wrong button on my camera :( I will get some more vid today.

I working on the vid, I got some more today. With a D battery it brakes apart Way light concrete blocks!

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: schmanman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 pm

nice.

thanks. :)

well, if its bigge rthan anything, I guess I will have to expand. :wink:

Persistence is a measure of faith in yourself
schmanman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 pm

There is the video!!!1!!!1!!!!

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Blitz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Just so you know, when I click on the video pic, it just brings up that JPEG in another window. For me, anyway.

Blitz
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:03 pm

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: AmYisroelChai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi BunnyBoy (or Girl) :lol: JK I love the Bunny thing. But sorry I cant assist.
But the support is a 4x2 busing cut down with a Dermal to fit in side the pipe. It was easy to do.

Do you mean you put a SECOND support in the 4" pipe to support the 2" pipe besides the 4" to 2" bushing reducer?

Also, I thought the idea of a bushing was that it fit into the pipe. Thus a 4" to 2" bushing fits into the 4" pipe? Am i confused?
EDIT:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stupid me!
The outer lip of the bushing has a "lip" this prevents the bushing from sinking al the way through the pipe. Just cut away or grind down the outer lip.

But the next questions still stands!
That is why there is a coupling in the middle. HD now sells pipes in 2' sections, so instead of buying 10' I just bought 4' of it.

Just to be clear is the coupling in the middle because you purchased two seperate pieces of pipe each was 2' long.
OR
Did you cut the 4' pipe so you can glue the bushing support to the 2" pipe?

But all of the fittings are NSF-DWV. I would recommend geting pressure rated ones tho. I dont go past 50psi with it

Regular PVC fitting are rated to at least (ussually more) PSI then the pipe they fit onto? Why the need for pressure rated? NSF-DWV -is that regular PVC pipe?

Sorry for all the questiosns.

Nice gun! I have a length of 4" PVC and 2 sprinkler valve i like that design.

AmYisroelChai
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:59 pm

AmYisroelChai wrote:Hi BunnyBoy (or Girl) :lol: JK I love the Bunny thing. But sorry I cant assist.
But the support is a 4x2 busing cut down with a Dermal to fit in side the pipe. It was easy to do.

Do you mean you put a SECOND support in the 4" pipe to support the 2" pipe besides the 4" to 2" bushing reducer?

Also, I thought the idea of a bushing was that it fit into the pipe. Thus a 4" to 2" bushing fits into the 4" pipe? Am i confused?
EDIT:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stupid me!
The outer lip of the bushing has a "lip" this prevents the bushing from sinking al the way through the pipe. Just cut away or grind down the outer lip.

But the next questions still stands!
That is why there is a coupling in the middle. HD now sells pipes in 2' sections, so instead of buying 10' I just bought 4' of it.

Just to be clear is the coupling in the middle because you purchased two seperate pieces of pipe each was 2' long.
OR
Did you cut the 4' pipe so you can glue the bushing support to the 2" pipe?

But all of the fittings are NSF-DWV. I would recommend geting pressure rated ones tho. I dont go past 50psi with it

Regular PVC fitting are rated to at least (ussually more) PSI then the pipe they fit onto? Why the need for pressure rated? NSF-DWV -is that regular PVC pipe?

Sorry for all the questiosns.

Nice gun! I have a length of 4" PVC and 2 sprinkler valve i like that design.

I ll try to explain it but I will make a pic of it later for ya. First is the coupling is in the middle because I bought 2 2' sections and glued them together.

About the support, there is a 4x2 bushing in the front, that is glued into a coupling. Then at the end of the barrel, I cut down another 4x2 bushing to fit. It has to be cut down a good amount.

The support is not glued in, it held in there with a pipe clamp to keep it from moving around. And if you just cut the lip on the bushing it still wont fit because it is made to go in fittings so ya have to cut it down more.

Anymore Q's?

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)

WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: AmYisroelChai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:54 pm

No that explains it perfectly thanx.

But I do have another Q.

Is that a threaded 4" adapter in the back? If so is it to use it again or have acces to the piston?

AmYisroelChai
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database