Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 86 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 81 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Deus Ex Machina offical thread

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Deus Ex Machina offical thread

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Deus Ex Machina (deus ex mâchinâ) is a Latin phrase that when directly translated it means "god out of machine" the phrase is used to describe divine intervention of the gods or a supernatural change in fate
this is the name of my spud gun 8)
This is a very unique spud gun, while some of you may prefer some paddle gun or blow forward bolt gun over this, but with cartridges I have an advantage to shoot anything that fit ¾” pvc just like the good old pneumatics, rather than some gun that is for only a specific marble, paintballs, golf ball or other uniform ammo. Also just to let you know the chamber automatically repressurize thanks to my 3way diverting blowgun mod, I’ll write a How To on it later

What this brings to the table
First is a simple cartridge loading and ejection method during early production I made this video of the bolt action receiver, Image http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/ ... &current=D SCF0890.flv please note that the bolt action works better than in the video after I adjusted it
Semi blow gun mod: an easy mod to make a blowgun divert flow 3ways http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/semi-blowgun-t6877.html

heres an older image that I was saving
another older image
as you can see I made a duct tape speed loader similar to the shell holders on shotguns fabricated like a duct tap wallet
here a picture with an extra large chamber attachment I made recently
current setup for my small chamber it comes with this awesome shape that is really comfortable when shooting, and an adjustable comb, and a red dot sight/ scope, not to mention the modded blow gun cased in wood for a realistic pistol grip feel, and a pivoting connection for ether the big or small chamber

well okay I made this thread to expand on my contest entry there's not much else to say, I originally thought of this when I was trying to find a superior rifle replacement for my old gun http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/multi-s ... t5584.html although its getto and unclean and uses ball valves its pretty nice and fun so in order to have something superior and replace it so maybe I could sell it to a friend I needed something more, a sprinkler or piston valve was obvious but I needed more like a better breach system while still allowing me to shoot all my favorite non-uniform ammo, and then I came with this
also the big chamber is for high powered shots with a slower ROF the smaller chamber looks cooler and refills faster so its good for show, I still need some memory or music wire for the magazine spring right now its just a zig zag strip of aluminum duct and holds no more than 3 rounds although the magazine is made to fit 8-9 shells I think if I had a perfect spring[/i]

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:00 pm

i was fascinated by this gun on the first thread all i have to say now is i love the ejection and loading system.

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: wannabie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:29 pm

thats a pritty sweet gun whats the difference in speed/damage with the bigger tank compared to the smaller one

wannabie
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:36 pm

the smaller one refills usually refills less then a second, and in terms of power its fun to play with, with the big chamber it take a minute or less and I always fear if the receiver will even hold together :shock:
(that a little of an exaggeration)

Last edited by iknowmy3tables on Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:56 pm

I like the smallish chamber better. i'm glad pc guy let you enter evne thought you posted it.

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:32 pm

I like the small one too but in order to gain favor I had to add some power
I'm pretty lucky I deleted the pictures before too may people saw, and I also added the last aditions so its not completly the same

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:00 pm

wow their are some awesome cannons in the contest, origenality is on my side, but anyone want to give me a geuss for my chances at winning so far

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: zeigs spud » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:09 pm

that..is...UBER DUBER. i love it lol :D

looks very proessional and probably is! lol

great job!!

zeigs spud
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 pm

I really want to see a video of this thing in action. Not just the bolt loader but actually shooting.

The magazine looks sick and I like the new stock design. I think you should take off the duct tape though.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Billy Bob » Tue May 01, 2007 4:48 am

I really want to see a video of this thing in action

I, too

The gun is very awesome ! :shock:
I am shure if you get in the future machines to preparate steel we will se a update.

Billy Bob
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 01, 2007 11:31 am

I' try too make a video but since the spring is still crappy

BUT EVERYONE the voting time is soon vote for me, I promise to get a video ASAP, and If I win I will even write a HOW TO for a mill-less,lathe-less, beltsander-less, bolt action cartridge reciver design and the 3way blowgun I might write the how-to s anyways but I'll be more motivated if I do well

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 01, 2007 3:14 pm

when I got home today it was a sunny day, and I made a video I'll probably make another
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/ ... CF0943.flv
that first shot was me being stupid and forgetting to close the bolt so nothing was shot, the ammo I used was cheap paper towel nail darts at low presure somewhere around 40-75 psi, the target is old 3/8" plywood
the first shot (that I did correctly) went all the way though the second hit near the first hole and almost went all the way though and it I gave it a light touch it could fall right through the last one went really deep and went past the tape

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Tue May 01, 2007 3:26 pm

thats awsome.

your using air from previous shots right. all i have to say if so thats one hell of good results

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 01, 2007 5:11 pm

what do you mean air from previous shots? I hooked it op to the compressor without regulating it which is probaly why the shots get weaker

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Sun May 20, 2007 4:03 pm

I love the loading system.

potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database