Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 71 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 67 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Aequitas, Sniper

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon May 07, 2007 8:16 am

cash68 wrote:Except he chose to use the rollseyes smiley, which is a sign of disapproval and superiority.

You're the newbie here mate, a little sense of humour wouldn't hurt :wink: particularly as the contest is based on a popular vote, that attitude won't win you any friends.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:18 am

MrCrowley wrote:Nice gun but most sprinklers are only rated up to 145psi,you should check your rating.

You can also edit your posts instead of tripple posting using this button: Image

Also don't harrass other members...thats was hardcore man, hardcore(FMJ) :P

I wasn't harassing anybody. I was responding to someone using the rolls eyes smiley. I view that smiley as sarcastic. If that was not his intention, fine, I apologize for my response. If that was his intention, I feel my response was appropriate.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 9:19 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
cash68 wrote:Except he chose to use the rollseyes smiley, which is a sign of disapproval and superiority.

You're the newbie here mate, a little sense of humour wouldn't hurt :wink: particularly as the contest is based on a popular vote, that attitude won't win you any friends.

Okay, so you meant it as a joke. I'm sorry. I thought you meant it as something else. Internet smilies are hard to read sometimes. No worries, I'll edit my post now. Sorry for the miscommunication.

SpudBlaster15 wrote:Didn't PCGUY disqualify you from the contest, for your obvious attempt to boost your post count with 5 posts in a row in order to qualify for the contest?

No. He told me to avoid post whoring. I didn't mean to. I just generally think of something, and hit new post, instead of hitting edit.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Mon May 07, 2007 9:29 am

even if he pumped it past the sprinklers limit it will not explode, just blow the diphram.
cool gun dude!!!

turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 9:44 am

No actually I did tell you that you were disqualified.

Moving into regular Showcase section...

Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postAuthor: FeLeX » Mon May 07, 2007 12:58 pm

^Owned!!!
I understand PC GUY though, posting more than twice in a row is just
annoying.

FeLeX
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 1:13 pm

It's not only that, it's that I told you that you can't jump into the competition on the very last day of it. It's that I told you to stop trying to hurry up and get 50 posts and you post 5+ posts in a row after I tell you that. In other topics you double and triple post all of the time just to get to 50. It's that I told you before to wait till the next contest. It's that I told you that you were disqualified before you submitted.

And what do you do? Submit at the very last moment anyways. If maybe you had attempted to listen to me at least once during your few days here, I would have let you in. But I have to put my foot down somewhere, and this is it.

I like your cannon but wait till the next contest to submit it.

Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:57 pm

What the hell!?!?! I did NOT hurry up to try to get 50 posts! I posted about speakers and held general conversation. I had to submit at the very last minute because I was building until the very last minute. Is it just you who are 'god' here, or is there some panel of a complaint process I can go through, becuase I think this is freakin bullshit my friend. I worked VERY hard on this to get it done by the deadline.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 4:19 pm

Dude, pisin off the mods, not a good idea. You might want to start keeping your comments and attitude to yourself or you may be headed to a ban real quick.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:22 pm

PCGUY wrote:It's not only that, it's that I told you that you can't jump into the competition on the very last day of it.

I did NOT jump into it at the last moment. I've been working on this gun for the past 2 weeks, trying to get it ready! I have over 30 hours into this gun, and I think it's an EXTREMELY uncool move to screw me over like this. I worked SO HARD on this gun that I don't have a million posts, I was spending my time ON THE GUN, getting it ready for this contest by the deadline! If you screw me over and don't allow me to compete, you're ruining this hobby for me, you realize that right? You realize that I will never be able to actually enjoy my gun, because I built it for this contest and if I'm unable ot enter it, everytime I even LOOK at it I'm just going to think about some forum administrator who fucked me over. I am not trying to win. I don't even want the cash! I just want to enter my gun and show it off and get votes! Why is this such a horrible thing?!

It's that I told you to stop trying to hurry up and get 50 posts and you post 5+ posts in a row after I tell you that.

I DID NOT.

In other topics you double and triple post all of the time just to get to 50.

I DID NOT!!!!!! I was responding to different people!!!!!

It's that I told you before to wait till the next contest. It's that I told you that you were disqualified before you submitted.

YOU NEVER TOLD ME THIS!!!!!! I was up til 2am last tuesday and wed night working on this gun to try to make the deadline! Do you think I would have hurried to get htis done if you had told me I was disqualified?!?!?!? YOU TOLD ME IF I KEPT IT UP, I would be disqualified, and I apologized for posting so little in each post, and that I would refrain from posting after myself in the future! I KEPT MY PROMISE!

And what do you do? Submit at the very last moment anyways.

I could have submitted earlier without video footage. I was trying to get my video edited and ready for the contest! You are totally screwing me here!

If maybe you had attempted to listen to me at least once during your few days here, I would have let you in. But I have to put my foot down somewhere, and this is it.

I DID LISTEN! I listened and I tried my best to not be a 'post whore' and only post in response to things that interested me, or that I knew about. I posted about my speaker projects, I posted about car knowledge. I posted about my videos, I posted about other people's guns, commenting on their designs. I was NOT cheating.

Now I think it's time for YOU to listen to ME. I have over 30 hours of hard work into this gun. THIS IS MY FIRST GUN. I built it and finished it specifically because I wanted to enter this contest. I disliked the 50 posts rule, but you wanted to keep it, so I spent a few hours on these forums talking to people like everyone else. I have SO MUCH hard work, probably $100 in cash, and even some blood invested in this project, specifically finished because I wanted to compete and see how many votes I get! By screwing me out of any sort of competition, you are RUINING this entire hobby for me, and I'm probably just going to sell my gun on craigslist and never make one again, because I won't be able to even LOOK at it again without thinking of what you did to me, and how you 'removed' me from the competition even though I fulfilled all the requirements.

I like your cannon but wait till the next contest to submit it.

I don't want to, I don't know when it will be, and I most likely I will be unable to do so because you can't submit a cannon that's already been shown somewhere else, according to your own rules.

I AM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE.

PLEASE LET ME BACK IN. I don't want the money, I don't want prizes, I would just like to get votes! I think that my gun is worthy of this contest, I think it's pretty cool, and I really like my video. PLEAAAAAASE. PLEASE do not be some forum adminstrator who likes to get off by treating other people like crap! PLEASE!

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:23 pm

FeLeX wrote:^Owned!!!
I understand PC GUY though, posting more than twice in a row is just
annoying.

You're a real piece of work. I'm glad I'm not the type that takes pleasure in other people getting screwed over, and then posts 'owned' about it.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Dude. Shut up. Your whining pisses people off. PC Guy did tell you you were disqualified, you did double and triple post after he told you not to, right here as a matter of fact, and you really need to watch your language, it adds nothing of value to your posts, we can do without it.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 4:30 pm

cash cool down i know you got pissed off but just take a chill pill.

i do like the gun though. see how many good compliments you can get about it instead of votes. try it.

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:40 pm

jrrdw wrote:
SpudBlaster15 wrote:Didn't PCGUY disqualify you from the contest, for your obvious attempt to boost your post count with 5 posts in a row in order to qualify for the contest?

It's in the "Whats with the 50 post count thing?" thread.

Yeah, and go read it. Nowhere does he say I'm disqualified. He just gave me a warning, so I spent a shitload of time trying to get this thing done, and then AFTER I submit it he turns around and disqualifies it, and claims that he told me I was disqualified earlier, WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.

I haven't felt this dejected/depressed in a very long time. This hobby is going to be completely ruined for me if he keeps this decision, as I put in so much work specifically because I wanted to enter this contest. It's horrible. I would never do this to anybody.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:41 pm

paaiyan wrote:Dude. Shut up. Your whining pisses people off. PC Guy did tell you you were disqualified, you did double and triple post after he told you not to, right here as a matter of fact, and you really need to watch your language, it adds nothing of value to your posts, we can do without it.

Dude you put up, or SHUT UP. Go show me EXACTLY where he says I'm disqualified. Go ahead. Try it. Good luck with that, because HE NEVER SAID THAT.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database