Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Aequitas, Sniper

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 4:41 pm

cash68 wrote:
jrrdw wrote:
SpudBlaster15 wrote:Didn't PCGUY disqualify you from the contest, for your obvious attempt to boost your post count with 5 posts in a row in order to qualify for the contest?

It's in the "Whats with the 50 post count thing?" thread.

Yeah, and go read it. Nowhere does he say I'm disqualified. He just gave me a warning, so I spent a shitload of time trying to get this thing done, and then AFTER I submit it he turns around and disqualifies it, and claims that he told me I was disqualified earlier, WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.

I haven't felt this dejected/depressed in a very long time. This hobby is going to be completely ruined for me if he keeps this decision, as I put in so much work specifically because I wanted to enter this contest. It's horrible. I would never do this to anybody.

pcguy wrote:cash don't you realize you will not be competing in this competition?

You have already disqualified yourself from making it very obvious that you are trying to get 50 posts.

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 4:43 pm

CASH!!! settle down!

just to remind you use the edit button it does wonders. Like say not getting yelled at for double posting!

I'm sorry but im starting to get pissed off!

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:45 pm

paaiyan wrote:
pcguy wrote:cash don't you realize you will not be competing in this competition?

You have already disqualified yourself from making it very obvious that you are trying to get 50 posts.

He posted that yesterday at 10am. I didn't even SEE that til just now. freakin awesome.

So I work for over 3 weeks on something that apparently gets disqualified under 12 hours from the deadline. Yep. That's FANTASTIC.

You have a wonderful day sir, as you sure were successful in absolutely ruining mine. Thanks a lot. It's quite obvious you don't believe in karma, as you seem to get so much joy in all this.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:46 pm

pyromaniac wrote:CASH!!! settle down!

just to remind you use the edit button it does wonders. Like say not getting yelled at for double posting!

I'm sorry but im starting to get pissed off!

I WAS USING THE EDIT BUTTON SINCE I ORIGINALLY GOT YELLED AT A FEW DAYS AGO! I have NOT been post whoring! I got yelled at ONE TIME, and then I tried my best to NOT be a post whore! I only posted about things that interested me, and I spent a few hours conversing with people on here about things that interest me.

LOOK AT ALL MY POSTS. THEY ARE NOT POST WHORISH:

2 page thread about subwoofers, started by me, no post whoring:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-diy- ... t7976.html

A thread about my vacuum formed center channel, no post whoring!

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-diy- ... t7975.html

A thread about lawnmowers, and me pointing out what's really going on, and no post whoring:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/lawnmow ... t7974.html

me sharing all my cool car videos, and talking about cars, no post whoring!

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/if-you- ... t7962.html

me talking about airsoft guns, no post whoring:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/airsoft-guns-t7855.html

Me talking about computers, no post whoring:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/possibl ... t7551.html

Me talking about politics and voting 3rd part, no post whoring:

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/the-off ... t5464.html

I WAS NOT POST WHORING AND I THINK ITS CRAP YOU ARE DISQUALIFYING MY GUN FOR THIS! I TRIED MY BEST! I AM SORRY IF YOU THINK I WAS "WHORING" BUT I WAS NOT! I was not posting "+1" or one word replies to stupid topics, I was not posting merely links to news stories, or something like that. i was not just posting silly pictures! I was sharing some of my projects, IN DETAIL, and conversing with other members about my hobbies like cars, speakers, stereos, videos, computers, music, etc

Last edited by cash68 on Mon May 07, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Do you not just see yourself double posting twice?

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:53 pm

pyromaniac wrote:Do you not just see yourself double posting twice?

NO! I DO NOT! Each 'response' to somebody else should be a DIFFERENT POST, correct?!?!?!?!?!? Double posting is posting somethign twice, from the same thing! I am NOT doing this! Where am I 'double posting"!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IF you got 'yelled at' and got a warning, would you do anything REMOTELY like that on purpose?! NO!!!!!!!! So quit accusing me of that! I have so much work involved in this gun I would NOT do somethign to jeopardize the entry! I really wanted to compete and see how many votes I got! THATS ALL! I don't even want the money, or the prize, and I don't htink I have a chance at winning, I am just VERY PROUD OF IT, adn I would like to get some votes! I would NOT post whore on purpose anywhere, which is why I think it's CRAP that I get disqualified at the last minute! This is HORRIBLE. I have so much work in this thing, and now it just makes me sick to look at.

Last edited by cash68 on Mon May 07, 2007 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 4:55 pm

incorrect make everything one post and youll be fine.

noname i think you need to add cash to your signature.

pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:57 pm

pyromaniac wrote:incorrect make everything one post and youll be fine.

noname i think you need to add cash to your signature.

WHat/?!?! What is incorrect? Which posts do I make one post???!?! Please! Tell me! I just want to compete in the contest to get some votes, that's it! What are you talking about???

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Mon May 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Double posting is posting two time is a row, and you have done that once again on this page. if you want to stay a member of this site, you are going to have to settle down, oh yea, posting bad comments about the mods is a bad idea :D

trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
super spuder
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Well cash you sure got my attention once again by reporting posts in here that you don't like, and reporting my posts.

You do realize I own this website, don't you?

If you are going to curl up and die because you can't compete, then you have larger issues than me and this website and this hobby.

As someone quoted me earlier, yes I already did tell you that you were disqualified.

You say you've put weeks into this project to come here and compete... you only registered here a week ago.

If you want people to admire your work and talk about it, then it is in the correct section for that (the Showcase section). It is how everyone else gets their glory here. However with you crapping this thread up, you won't get much glory since you are just pissing me and other members off.

Oh and trust me I'm not one of those people in power who get their jollies by hurting others with my power, I am actually one of those people that finds it hard to say no to people.

Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 4:59 pm

PCGUY wrote:Well cash you sure got my attention once again by reporting posts in here that you don't like, and reporting my posts.

You do realize I own this website, don't you?

I just have to say this is hilarious though. reporting PCGUY what were you thinking?

you know it would be funny if i could report myself.

Last edited by pyromaniac on Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Want people to vote on your cannon, don't care about prize money, don't care about winning? Then I have the perfect solution for you! You can create a poll when you make a new thread. I went ahead and edited your first post in this thread to add a poll to it.

Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm

This is an example of a double post, when you post right after you just posted. If you are reading a topic and see 2 posts or more by the same person right next to each other, that is a double posting.

The Edit button is encouraged because if you are the last poster on a topic, you shouldn't make another reply you should just edit your post to add whatever. If you are addressing more than 1 person in your post, then quote what they said, answer them, then quote the next person and answer them, etc.

PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:02 pm

cash68 wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:Do you not just see yourself double posting twice?

NO! I DO NOT! Each 'response' to somebody else should be a DIFFERENT POST, correct?!?!?!?!?!? Double posting is posting somethign twice, from the same thing! I am NOT doing this! Where am I 'double posting"!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

IF you got 'yelled at' and got a warning, would you do anything REMOTELY like that on purpose?! NO!!!!!!!! So quit accusing me of that! I have so much work involved in this gun I would NOT do somethign to jeopardize the entry! I really wanted to compete and see how many votes I got! THATS ALL! I don't even want the money, or the prize, and I don't htink I have a chance at winning, I am just VERY PROUD OF IT, adn I would like to get some votes! I would NOT post whore on purpose anywhere, which is why I think it's CRAP that I get disqualified at the last minute! This is HORRIBLE. I have so much work in this thing, and now it just makes me sick to look at.

When you respond to more than one person you specify by putting @xxxxx before a paragraph.

EDIT: And you reported PCguy? Omg, hahahahahaha. Oh that's priceless!

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:08 pm

super spuder wrote:Double posting is posting two time is a row, and you have done that once again on this page. if you want to stay a member of this site, you are going to have to settle down, oh yea, posting bad comments about the mods is a bad idea :D

I was responding to two different people's posts!!! How the hell am I supposed to make two responses in one post?!?!?!?!?

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database