Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Aequitas, Sniper

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:10 pm

cash68 wrote:
super spuder wrote:Double posting is posting two time is a row, and you have done that once again on this page. if you want to stay a member of this site, you are going to have to settle down, oh yea, posting bad comments about the mods is a bad idea :D


I was responding to two different people's posts!!! How the hell am I supposed to make two responses in one post?!?!?!?!?


Let me restate what I have told you before, when responding to two people in one post, most people put something like @cash before one paragraph directed toward you, and @super spudder before the paragraph directed towards him.
  • 0

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
User avatar
paaiyan
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 5:11 pm

its really simple when you need to quote soem one you use teh littel button that says quote copy and paste that message and hit quote again.

i Also wouldin't be surprised if pimpman adds thiss to his sig.
  • 0

:pottytrain3:
User avatar
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: MO
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:15 pm

PCGUY wrote:Well cash you sure got my attention once again by reporting posts in here that you don't like, and reporting my posts.


That was an accident! I'm sorry! Please! I realized what it was after I hit it, but you can't 'undo' it! I'm sorry! Please!

You do realize I own this website, don't you?


Yes! And you gave me a warning once, and I thought that I was adhering to your warning, and I did not post right after myself again unless I was responding to people which I don't feel is post whoring! I have been to a few forums before and I have never heard of that considerd to be a double post! I'm sorry! Please! I can increase the prize money! I can give away some airsoft guns! I just want to compete!

If you are going to curl up and die because you can't compete, then you have larger issues than me and this website and this hobby.


IF you spent this much time and energy and money on a project and then get disqualified at the last second, I'm sure you'd be really bummed also!

As someone quoted me earlier, yes I already did tell you that you were disqualified.


At 10am the day of! I didn't see that! And why!?!? What did I do that night? What did I do before 10am!? I was posting about speakers, and sharing my projects, and talking about cars! I was not post whoring!

You say you've put weeks into this project to come here and compete... you only registered here a week ago.


This page has been on my favorites for over a month! I searched the forums and found out a lot of information from them, and I registered when I ran into a problem with my air pressure gauge, one week ago! My first POST was about the gauge, which meant I already had materials, and I had already started to build my gun! Please double check this to believe me! MY FIRST POST PROVES that I was already building my gun for this! Please check if you don't believe me!

Oh and trust me I'm not one of those people in power who get their jollies by hurting others with my power, I am actually one of those people that finds it hard to say no to people.


THEN PLEASE JUST LET ME ENTER! I tried so hard and spent a lot of itme and money and effort getting this done, shooting video, editing video, and I just really want to see some votes! That's it! I will even donate 2 airsoft berettas with ammo, and maybe something else to the prize pot! Please just let me compete! It would make my day! I am sorry if you thought I was post whoring, I did NOT do that on purpose, I swear on my mother's grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS THIS RIGHT?!?!?

@ paaiyan:

I have never heard of these weird customs before! EVER! Please don't let my ignorance of the strange posting rules of this forum disqualify me! I am sorry! I did NOT read that in the rules anywhere when I signed up! I am a member of other forums and we do NOT do that! Please! I am sorry! I didn't know about those rules! They are strange to me!
  • 0

Last edited by cash68 on Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:12 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:17 pm

I think I understand now. see above.
  • 0


cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:12 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm

OK, glad to see that you now understand how to respond to more than one person, you are learning.

I respect your cannon building skills, it is a good cannon, however, I think PCGuy's ruling should stand. Because 1) he's right, and 2) you had one heck of an attitude and you pissed a lot of people off.
  • 0

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
User avatar
paaiyan
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Mon May 07, 2007 5:21 pm

ok. you just double posted again, pleas stop. i am restaining myself from being mean to you. but i do not know how much longer that is going to last :wink:
edit: good, now just remember to do that from now on, and you should be good :D
  • 0

trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
User avatar
super spuder
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 5:25 pm

OK cash good you have that on control. next cannon contest you will have the qualifications, and you will have more knowledge.

from what i can see your going to be a helluva good spudder because this is a great first.
  • 0

:pottytrain3:
User avatar
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: MO
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: Velocity » Mon May 07, 2007 5:25 pm

Alright, moving back on topic...

Very nice gun you have here. It looks very nice, and ergonomic as well. I have never been able to build a nice sniper-style gun, because I always get too concerned with other things, and it changes the design completely... oh well, maybe some day...

I think you should probably keep this gun below 120 PSI. This will provide plenty of power, and will greatly reduce the chance that the chamber or valve fails.

By the way, spudfiles is not a democracy... PCGUY is more of an iron-fisted tyrant :lol: just kidding :roll: .
  • 0

User avatar
Velocity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:42 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Yes, back on topic. It is a nice cannon. Though I personally frown upon the use of the term sniper, that's just me. When can w expect pics of damage? Or are there some already... Hmm... I'll check and then edit so I don't feel like a complete moron.

EDIT: OK no damage pics yet, we'd like some, they're always a nice addition as everyone here likes to see destruction in action.
  • 0

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
User avatar
paaiyan
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: cash68 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:31 pm

paaiyan wrote:OK, glad to see that you now understand how to respond to more than one person, you are learning.

I respect your cannon building skills, it is a good cannon, however, I think PCGuy's ruling should stand. Because 1) he's right, and 2) you had one heck of an attitude and you pissed a lot of people off.


Okay, and now that you posted, I can create a new post, right? I sincerely apologize to all who read this that I did not understand this community's views on what 'double posting' meant. Now that I understand what you mean, I can see why you accuse me of double posting. I am sorry! I did not mean to offend, or 'double post'. Where I come from, double posting means creating an identical post, twice in a row, usually it's a forum hiccup, where you hit post, nothing happens, so you hit post again, and it posts it twice. That is what I consider double posting so I had no idea what you people were talking about. Also, where I come from, we respond to each person seperately, as taht way we're clear as to which post we're responding to. I'm sorry! I did not understand what you guys were referring to when you called me a post whore, but now that I understand what you meant, I know WHY you called me a post whore.

Because of all this misunderstanding, I am begging you: Please let me back in! Please! I can't win, there are better guns. I just wanted to compete, and get votes to see how it stacks up against the others. Please don't let our different posting customs ruin my entry, and put a stain in my mouth in the hobby of spudguns. I was ignorant of your customs, so I apologize profusely. I regret not understand what you meant sooner, because if I had, perhaps I would still be in the contest. It was my ability to not understand what the hell you people were talking about that got me labelled as a post whore, and I hate that! I did not do it on purpose! Please look at my intentions, as I believe they are honest and pure:

I wanted to make a sweet gun, and enter it in the contest. That's it. I can even add some more prizes to the contest! Please! Just let me compete! Don't let our differences in internet forum customs keep my entry from competing! Please, I beg you, I am on my knees! I did not post whore on purpose, you have to understand that!!!! PLEASE reconsider!!!!

@ paaiyan's other post:

The damage pics are in the video. Please watch it. It is posted in the first post of this topic.
  • 0


cash68
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:12 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: super spuder » Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

i kind of feel really bad for him. hey pc guy, you should start a pole to see how many people want him to be able to compete in the contest :lol:
  • 0

trying to decide on a new project, probably something small.
User avatar
super spuder
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

cash68 wrote:
paaiyan wrote:OK, glad to see that you now understand how to respond to more than one person, you are learning.

I respect your cannon building skills, it is a good cannon, however, I think PCGuy's ruling should stand. Because 1) he's right, and 2) you had one heck of an attitude and you pissed a lot of people off.


Okay, and now that you posted, I can create a new post, right? I sincerely apologize to all who read this that I did not understand this community's views on what 'double posting' meant. Now that I understand what you mean, I can see why you accuse me of double posting. I am sorry! I did not mean to offend, or 'double post'. Where I come from, double posting means creating an identical post, twice in a row, usually it's a forum hiccup, where you hit post, nothing happens, so you hit post again, and it posts it twice. That is what I consider double posting so I had no idea what you people were talking about. Also, where I come from, we respond to each person seperately, as taht way we're clear as to which post we're responding to. I'm sorry! I did not understand what you guys were referring to when you called me a post whore, but now that I understand what you meant, I know WHY you called me a post whore.

Because of all this misunderstanding, I am begging you: Please let me back in! Please! I can't win, there are better guns. I just wanted to compete, and get votes to see how it stacks up against the others. Please don't let our different posting customs ruin my entry, and put a stain in my mouth in the hobby of spudguns. I was ignorant of your customs, so I apologize profusely. I regret not understand what you meant sooner, because if I had, perhaps I would still be in the contest. It was my ability to not understand what the hell you people were talking about that got me labelled as a post whore, and I hate that! I did not do it on purpose! Please look at my intentions, as I believe they are honest and pure:

I wanted to make a sweet gun, and enter it in the contest. That's it. I can even add some more prizes to the contest! Please! Just let me compete! Don't let our differences in internet forum customs keep my entry from competing! Please, I beg you, I am on my knees! I did not post whore on purpose, you have to understand that!!!! PLEASE reconsider!!!!

@ paaiyan's other post:

The damage pics are in the video. Please watch it. It is posted in the first post of this topic.


Double posting is a pain in the butt, mostly because what's going to happen is this, you post one, and someone tries to respond. While they're typing, you post something that answers a question they were going to ask, but they don't know this because they are typing. Then they look like an idiot after they post a question to something you just answered.

I still say, you did get one heck of an attitude and pissed a lot of people off. Yes, you seem to understand now, but punitive action cannot be retracted on the basis of someone learning their lesson afterward. Then everyone would just say I learned my lesson before they were punished. I'm sorry your cannon didn't make it in, but you did what you did, and punishment was dispensed, examples have to be made sometimes.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was damage in the video, I'm at work and can't watch it right now, I'll check it out later.
  • 0

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
User avatar
paaiyan
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Mon May 07, 2007 5:44 pm

I am very curious as to why you feel the need to be in the contest SO badly? I mean I have never seen anyone so up in arms about it. Did you tell someone you were going to be in a contest or something and want to show it off?

Regardless, to play fair and to ensure you that I am not being a bad guy I will give you a chance. If you can get at least 5 "respected" members from SpudFiles to PM me by the end of tomorrow (Tuesday) and say that you should be in the competition and why then I will let you back in. When I say respected I mean members that are already registered here and have some background, not a member that registered just now.
  • 0

Last edited by PCGUY on Mon May 07, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
User avatar
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Illinois
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 19

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Mon May 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Paaiyan do you always slack off at work or more of what I mean do you always go on spudfiles at work?

I accept your apology cash if PCGUY does ask if anyone thinks you should be in I will say yes.

on one of my cannons i found out it was crap and didn't work. I had a piss attitude for the next couple a days but i got better and made a whole lot better one. which i need to post.

It's a a inline and underover with stock. basically you can unscrew the sprinkler where its close to the stock then screw off the barrel and add it on to the side the stock was on then its an inline.
  • 0

:pottytrain3:
User avatar
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: MO
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:52 pm

K thank you for apologizing cash.
  • 0

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
User avatar
JDP12
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:34 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'