Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 48 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

CTBBP

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
CTBBP

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Tue May 08, 2007 2:32 pm

I am proud to announce that I have "finished" my new pnuematic cannon. It's nothing special, simply an in-line, but I am proud to say that it works like a charm and can put a C battery through a metal music stand.

Some notes: I don't have my modded valve attached in the pictures because i didn't get the right parts to the pipe (it's a 3/4" sprinkler) Consequently, I haven't glued in the reducers for the big barrel. However, my 1" valve is still functioning fine so it is my temporary replacement valve.

Attachments
DSCN1970.JPG
exit wound
DSCN1968.JPG
Entry into turntable
DSCN1967.JPG
An old turntable I found for target practice
DSCN1965.JPG
Atreverse12 with the cannon
DSCN1972.JPG
Down the barrel
DSCN1974.JPG
DSCN1971.JPG
The cannon and 1" barrel
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Tue May 08, 2007 2:56 pm

what size is that big painted barrel, doesn't look like it can do much

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:59 pm

Nice gun..But a good improvement to do would be to mod the sprinkler valve, make it pneumatically actuated for a faster opening

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Tue May 08, 2007 3:04 pm

The big barrel is 3", more for t-shirts and the likes. Also, I did mod a sprinkler valve, I just haven't attached it yet, it's too small for the parts I have now. I need to run to the hardware store.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." George S. Patton
mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:11 pm

Mmm okay then. Another suggestion..for the big 3" barrel..I'd maybe make a support to the chamber or something like that-i.e. run a metal strip underneath supporting the two, because it seems like if you hold it wrong, it could bend easily at the valve, at least that's the way it looks in the pic.

PS, please take a look at my vent valve thread in the combustion area, I reposted the picture so you can see it. Thanks

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mega_swordman » Wed May 09, 2007 4:41 am

That sounds like a good idea, thanks for the feedback.

mega_swordman
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database