Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

This is my cannon purple storm

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Sat May 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Primer is a solvent it makes the chamber weaker. plus it has dwv on it.

it's i wouldn't even thouch it.

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sat May 12, 2007 4:27 pm

can i start giving "HI AWARDS"? if so, i give you a HI AWARD for the best paint job on spudfiles, congratulations!

ohh and by the way, yes the primer does make it softer, when its wet that is. when it is dry it is accually stronger.

just to be safe, id wrap it and mesh and duct tape. it wont really hurt the looks because i cant think of anyway to make it worse.

cool cannon, makes me want to make one. once i thought of covering me cannon in primer, but did because i thought it would be a waste.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:51 pm

pyromaniac wrote:Primer is a solvent it makes the chamber weaker.

So... what happens after the solvent evaporates, and the dissolved PVC re-hardens, that could possibly weaken the pipe?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: homedepotpro » Sat May 12, 2007 7:03 pm

primer softens the pipe and the glue welds it together with other pipe. primer does not make the pipe stronger, i can scratch the primer dissolved pvc with my finger nail, it is not stronger

homedepotpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Sat May 12, 2007 8:01 pm

o crap i did not know so i guess i cant use the chamber for a new project either and look quit saying stuff about how bad the primer looks just give me some helpful info so i can learn and not kill my self shooting one of these things oh and two more things how dose the trigger on a modded sprinkler valve work and can you make your on triggers out of air nozzles my dad said some have some sort of safety thing on them and 2 thankx for all your comments.

novus okdo seclorum the u.s. study latin :evil:

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: integral » Sat May 12, 2007 8:42 pm

For a pneumatic... use pressure rated pipe and nsf-pw fittings. If you dont know if your pipe is pressure rated... ask the salesperson, if they cant tell you and you cannot see an obvious rating printed on the pipe, dont but it. Another tip on how to not kill yourself... next time dont douse the entire cannon with primer...

The modded sprinkler works with pressure differences. when you fill the chamber side, the diaphragm(sp?) seals the barrel side. When you open the blowgun and vent the under the diaphragm, it moves down/up and allows the compressed air from the chamber escape out the barrel. This is a great how to mod your sprinkler: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/modding-a-sprinkler-valve-t305.html
Some blow guns have a safety that locks the trigger but this can be easily achieved with a standard blowgun as well.

Good luck with your next cannon and as always... safety first.

integral
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Bubba05 » Sat May 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Yeah it looks ok! Mate why dont you let a few shots off and let us know!!

Bubba

Bubba05
Colonel
Colonel

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Sat May 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Oh my F$%@*G gosh!!!
I need to take a picture of this and put it on the wall of shame!
I dont mean to sound as offensive as I do, your ideas were harmless enough but are very dangerous. I would scrap the entire gun and start over now that you know what not to do.
Also if you mean that your going to connect CO2 DIRECTLY to the gun and release the pressure before it detonates, DONT!!! CO2 should only be connected to a pvc gun if their is a regulator. A CO2 tank has about 1500 PSI, PVC is rated to only 250 PSI, See a slight problom their? HINT-BOOM!! Also try a regulator like mine if you are looking for a cheap alterative to a paintball reg sorry one sec on that picture

Attachments
air gun4.JPG
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Sat May 12, 2007 11:53 pm

turbohacker wrote:Oh my F$%@*G gosh!!!
I need to take a picture of this and put it on the wall of shame!
I dont mean to sound as offensive as I do, your ideas were harmless enough but are very dangerous. I would scrap the entire gun and start over now that you know what not to do.
Also if you mean that your going to connect CO2 DIRECTLY to the gun and release the pressure before it detonates, DONT!!! CO2 should only be connected to a pvc gun if their is a regulator. A CO2 tank has about 1500 PSI, PVC is rated to only 250 PSI, See a slight problom their? HINT-BOOM!! Also try a regulator like mine if you are looking for a cheap alterative to a paintball reg sorry one sec on that picture

no sh@t i know you need to regulated and tomorrow morning i'm going to bust it up and send it to the dump ok this was my first post my next one will be in awe i am making sompthing sweet so look for it in about a month it will probly be called chaos or havoc from above. and i learned some stuff and this next ne will be painted not purple and possibly have some gold on it. :!:

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Sat May 12, 2007 11:56 pm

Ok good and please promise us you will get pressure rated parts?

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 am

I liked it..........

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:09 am

on my next one and all the rest i will and i,m even building a carrage for this thing i figure it shower bb's about 5000, in a spray at 33 ft. wiping out all paper targets thats the airsoft side of it then in a last ditch defence in attack by a tin can lol. you can shoot 1 aa battery at 95 psi with the axullry weapon it will probly be mounted on a rifle.

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Sun May 13, 2007 12:27 am

Sorry, I didnt mean to be such an ass (I just re read my post) I like seeing new members to the spudding community. I look forward to seeing your new gun :)

turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: cb4289 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:35 am

turbohacker wrote: look forward to seeing your new gun :)

as do i my comrade as do i

cb4289
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sun May 13, 2007 1:31 am

I have a question.
How did you manage to have such a fucked up primer job?
Its everywhere!

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database