Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

"OVERKILL"UPDATE: onboard CO2 and camo!

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

Can I ever top the sawed-off??

You just did..I think
67%
Nothing can top the sawed-off
29%
I ( that's you!!) can do better
5%

Total votes : 21
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Modderxtrordanare » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:11 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:very nice as usual, I know what a difference high pressure makes and at this calibre, the damage (and the noise!) is really going to be something else, looking forward to some decent videos :D

Also, perhaps a few quality emblems strategically placed would help to enhance that "Soviet" feel ;)

I've got that logo on a flag in my room. USSR flag, along with the stars and bars. (the south should have won)

But on topic, this cannon owns. Glad to see you're back BTB. :)

Modderxtrordanare
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:01 am

Modderxtrordanare wrote:I've got that logo on a flag in my room. USSR flag, along with the stars and bars. (the south should have won)

coincidentally, I have this havning over my bed:

:D

back on topic, I've always wanted to scale up my high-pressure coaxial designs but the amount of power and noise would be far more than i could use in the urban environment where I'm located, plus the sheer effort of having to manually pump up anything larger than a couple of cubic inches to 300+ psi for every shot is a daunting prospect to say the least.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: rna_duelers » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:32 am

It is nice indeed and sure would be a hell of a gun to shoot,but the paintjob seems to let it down in my eyes :? .

rna_duelers
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: joannaardway » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:25 am

markfh11q wrote:Anyways, down to business. You MUST fill the barrel with water and shoot it at 7 bar or so.

And that's one guaranteed way to get killed by sheer recoil.

I don't know exactly about the olive green colour scheme, but even if the colour scheme isn't quite to my tastes, I won't pretend that the cannon's actual design isn't.
It looks as if the barrel is a fair bit longer than your earlier plans seemed to show, which is definately something I can agree with.

Yet another excellent cannon.

Novacastrian: How about use whatever the heck you can get your hands on?
frankrede: Well then I guess it won't matter when you decide to drink bleach because your out of kool-aid.
...I'm sorry, but that made my year.
joannaardway
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:29 am

rna_duelers wrote:It is nice indeed and sure would be a hell of a gun to shoot,but the paintjob seems to let it down in my eyes :?.

Perhaps that base color is not such a bad thing.

Consider, for instance, the coloration of the US Desert Camouflage digital USMC patten, of which I have a set for paintball in dead grass.
<div align="center">
</div>
If you could acquire a pattern for this, you could cut out "stencils" for each color, and use matte spray paints to get a workable camouflage pattern.

PS: sheesh, after a little more than a year on these forums I finally found the code for centering images! Might the [center] tags have been a bit more easier?

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:20 pm

It's flat army green..It look smuch lighter in the pics..

And I like it better than camo..probably an age thing..
When I was a kid ( and wanted to be in the army) our army mostly used flat green in stead of camo..

I won't cut down the barrel.It won't hide the fact this is a cannon..
There is no way I can make it look like a rifle or sawed-off, it's just too big.
It looked awkward with the sawed-off type of handle, so...If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Or in this case: if you can't beat them, get a cannon..

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:19 pm

Brian the brain wrote:Or in this case: if you can't beat them, get a cannon..

In this case, if you can pump that chamber to 26 bar, I'm pretty sure you can beat them :)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 am

I tried, but I did a heavy chest work-out the day before...I just couldn't do it..I'm all cramped up and sore now...can't even stretch....ouch!!

That's hard work!!

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: goathunter » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 pm

Been there done that,100 situps the night before a PT test. Oops! Couldn't get out of bed :)

Well after using bike pumps for a while I just switched to regulated CO2, so much easier.Although, I don't get the workout.

goathunter
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:23 pm

Today I couldn't get it past 16 bar either..I just can't do it captain!!I don't have the power!!!

It takes too many heavy pumps to take it to 26 bar...and the piston leaks very slightly, so it's useless.
CO2 would do it though.
And I need to put some silicone where the bolt and sealing face meet.
Anyway..You should have seen that tater fly at 16 bar!!!

unbelievably fast, invisible in under 2 seconds( or so)
I'll have to fix that leak!!!Can't wait to see it go at full pressure!!

Gun Freak wrote:

Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:52 pm

well..I finally fixed all the bugs.I got the piston to seal 100%, fixed all leaks.I held it under water in a pool and there are NO bubbles anywhere.
Thanks to the "tapered diaphram" the piston has no blowby, wich seems to improve performance a great deal.

I tested the cannon at 18 bar, and could NOT see the patatoes flying!
I can see the bb's from my store bought bbgun at 190 m/s,(supposably) but the patato, I could not see!!!
The thing went off like a firecracker, a good one at that~~, one very fierce but clean kapow...the recoil is not so bad due to the way the cannon is held, it can swing back freely, although I can feel it has a lot more recoil thanm the sawed-off.I feel confident to take it over 20 bar next time, I am just hesitant to use any heavy ammo. The recoil would become to dangerous, and I wouldn't want to "catch"a recochet...that would seriously mess up my good looks...

funny stuff...

Gun Freak wrote:

Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm

wow, thats sweet. you could always build a stand for it and build something like this: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/swamps- ... -t154.html
to ruduce recoil. are you planning on using co2 with it?

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:44 pm

I set out to make the most powerful , compact hand-held I could.
Stands are nice, but I need a portable cannon in order to shoot it.I can't shoot it in my backyard, because it is too loud.THe whole town can hear it.( small town filled with nosy people!!)
I have to be able to take it out to a field.THis is also the resaon I don't have any damage pics.
I don;t feel like carrying a TV into a field, and later removing the pieces..whilst I'll be in a hurry to get away...It's a bit..like.... illegal here you know.

I'm planning CO2, but will probably never get around to it..

Plus I would have to fill from a point between the pressure washer handle and the exhaust valve.The whole CO2 set-up would create a bigger pilot volume for the "blowgun" to exhaust.wich might create a problem...I think..

Gun Freak wrote:

Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: mike1010 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 am

i thought you left the forrum due to lack of internet so your back?

mike1010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:38 am

Many modern anti-material rifles have an action that is allowed to recoil on the stock, supported by springs or hydraulic/pneumatic cylinders, such as the formidable South African NTW-20:

I should think it wouldn't be too hard to conjure up a similar system using a long stroke pneumatic piston as a damper, backed up by some heavy duty springs. I think the heavy construction certainly helps to mitigate the recoil too.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database