Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

My first pneumatic

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
My first pneumatic

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:20 pm

I finished my first pneumatic, I will call it "Da Bazooka", it is a simple cannon that is made of all copper pipe and brass fittings. It has a 24.8688 cubic inch chamber for air and an 18 inch long 1/2inch barrel.

Spec's
Barrel- 18inches of 1/2 copper pipe
Chamber- 24 inches of 3/4 inch copper pipe
Valve- Threaded ball valve
Connectors- Two male connecters
Filling- Tubeless tire valve

Features
It has a mock suppressor that slides on and off of the actual barrel, On this suppressor is a 45 degree grip frame with mounts for a scope and laser.

Testing

I brought it outside and fired it twice once at 10psi to make sure it worked and again at 30psi, then my bike pump broke and the needle on the bike pump gauge snapped off, stupid Chinese made pump.

[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.31810699dc.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.63501a9623.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.e78e113261.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: hi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:48 pm

like tape do ya? its a nice gun.

i would like to suggest a spring loaded ball valve. it would open so fast you wouldnt beleave it. it would accually out preform a sprinkler valve if you do it right.

even if you dont add a spring it is still a nice cannon.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:50 pm

Yes tape gives it a nice look, i want the gun to be all black except the end of the barrel but i didn't have any spray paint so tape will suffice for now.

Any tips on how to braze the pipe with solder? I heated the pipe up and some smoke came out of the pipe and i didn't know what that was. I applied thick coats of flux then i put the fittings and pipes together and heated them up for about a minute, then i touched it with solder and it worked nice but the pipe looked ugly with black marks and spots and ash like crap on it. On that note i used a cheap blow torch for a good reason on the last braze on the barrel a big ball of molten solder fell into the torch head and it got clogged and i can not get it out.

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:06 pm

wait. hi, how fast are you talking for a spring-loaded bal valve? might have to try that someday with like a garage door spring..............

EDIT: i forgot to mention with a 3 inch brass ball valve............ hehe.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: spud yeti » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:55 am

Nice gun! I like how it looks a lot!
What do you guys do to your pumps, sit on them!!? I have a pump thats like 2 years old and is still going! Just buy slighty better quality and it lasts! Law of life... :wink: (inc. wives :D )
haha, but good work Spudgun on Crack!
Oh yeah, just one question: why is it called "Da Bazooka" if its nothing really like one!? Dont worry though, i like the name too.... :D

spud yeti
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database