Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Airsoft "Rifle"

Built a pneumatic cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Airsoft "Rifle"

Unread postAuthor: noname » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:28 pm

Just a steel coaxial, made for shooting airsoft BBs. I was planning to put the shock pump inside some PVC and attach it to the chamber, along with a scope, but never really did. I run it at 400 psi, and according to GGDT it shoots at 2232 fps. I highly doubt that, but even using extremely crappy figures in GGDT (huge amounts of dead space, pilot volume, piston mass, etc.) it still said it shot at at least 1362 fps.
I'm not sure it if actually does ahoot supersonic; all I know is that it makes a loud CRACK! louder than a .22 caliber rifle.
I can pilot it through the schrader valve or the ball valve, but I use the blowgun because it's mmore "trigger like."

Attachments
BBgun 002.jpg
BBgun 001.jpg
noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Alabaster » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:39 pm

that looks bomb dude and leathal if ur shooting airsoft bbs at that velocity right?

Alabaster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:43 pm

very cool. did you drill out a compression fitting to get it coaxial? what is the chamber diameter?

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: noname » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Yes, I drilled out a compression fitting. The chamber is 1/2" Sch 40 steel.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the barrel support is a washer with holes in it. Me, being extremely stupid, poked the extrmeely hot washer to see if it was extremely hot. It was. Now I have the faint impression of a small washer imprinted in the end of my finger, along with a ring shaped blister. :D

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:50 pm

what is the black thing under the chamber?

EDIT sounds like the time I dipped my finder in a hot glue mold. my hand blisterd for weeks

EDIT EDIT is it a piston or diaphram?

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:07 pm

That is the most beautiful gun you've ever made noname and its the best looking bb rifle I have seen on Spudfiles yet. What is your piston made of and how many pumps of your shock pump does it take to get to 400 psi?

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel

Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

awesome!
Now I have to make a coaxial sometime soon

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:12 pm

Ive been waiting for this. Looks really nice man.

"When you tell some body something, it depends on which part of these United States your standing in, as to how dumb you sound."
-Burt Reynolds as: Bo "Bandit" Darville
rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: shud_b_rite » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Far out that is sweeeet, I need to get one of those. I bet you could shoot a fly off some dung from 100m away with that. I think a couple of damage shots will help to give a better estimation of the speed, you should test how many cans you can shoot through compared to an airsoft gun that you know has a fixed speed.

Airbeds... so many different uses
shud_b_rite
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Velocity » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Very nice work... 400 PSI is intense. I didn't see any numbers in your first post, so could you possibly tell me how long the barrel and chamber are (sorry if I missed it...).

Velocity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:29 pm

VERY clean build noname! I really like this gun. I see you used some of the parts from your (green) steel hybrid. :D

I'm not sure it if actually does ahoot supersonic

A gas cannot propel a projectile to velocities greater than it's own speed of sound.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: potatoflinger » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:46 pm

That looks great, wish I had that kind of skill.

potatoflinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:51 pm

i may just be a party pooper but arent blowgun's rated to 90 PSI?

cause hell, if they are rated higher im building myself one of them........

you should mount a cheap airgun scope or something. even some kind of sights. use .3 gram PHX hig-grade bb's too. youll get accuracy...... alot of it.....

how long is that barrel? its out of the picture...........

i like it, alot. i might just have to build one of these

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: iPaintball » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Very nice rifle noname! It's very clean and well constructed. ME LIKEY! :D Did you use a piston or a diaphragm? Also, what did you use as a barrel? Brakeline? I'll bet it's powerful too. I get about 700 fps out of my QEV powered pistol. It can shoot through thin sheet metal with .20g BBs (I have holes in my gutter to prove it!), so I can't imagine what that would do... If only you could pressurize it with helium...

Summer Projects:
CO2 tank hybrid: Gotta fix the meter :(
Cane gun: Needs a pilot/fill setup
1.5" piston valve gun: Almost done
iPaintball
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: noname » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:44 pm

I was going to make a bunch cooler, with a scope mounted on top, a hand made grip on bottom to hold the shock pump in place, a bipod, a flat black paintjob, etc. But I chose not to.
The black thing under the chamber is the shock pump. It takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get it that high (along with about 7 or 8 minutes), but I can manage it.
Origin Unknown, your comment was very surprising to me. I guess I just wasn't expecting it?
The chamber's 1/2" x 10," but about 11" if you count the couplers. The barrel is 9/32" brass brakeline (realized after I mailed it that I did still need it, redneck, lol).
Spudblaster, you'll see green parts on many guns involving metal that I make. I have a lot of them left over.
Potatoflinger, how much "skill" does it take to screw fittings together?
All it really was was a design on paper, a parts list, a hell of a lot of teflon tape (pink teflon, if you didn't notice), drilling a hole in the compression fitting.
VH man, you're talking to someone who ignited an 8x hybrid mix from less than a foot away, feel free to use a blowgun if you dare.

The piston is just a piece of 1/2" aluminum rod with a circle of rubber JB welded to the front.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Database