Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 39 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Will this work, im a noob, help wanted.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Brod Man » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:31 pm

do you think i should use a sprinkler for my first gun or what u said?

Brod Man
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Pilgrimman » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:05 pm

A sprinkler valve is the same thing as a solenoid valve. The reason I refer to sprinkler valves as solenoid valves is because I rarely, if ever, use them for sprinklers! :D So, yes, you should build your gun with a sprinkler valve. In fact, it is even more safe than a ball valve in my opinion, because you can keep the gun more steady when you are aiming.

Pilgrimman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Intel Xeon » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:41 pm

I highly suggest using a blowgun to pneumatically trigger your commercial sprinkler valve. I will now put that in layman's terms.

Don't use the electric setup, because it is a pain to replace batteries and you might mess up when you connect the wires. follow the guides in the how-to forum, and use something called a blowgun valve to make the valve work. You can buy everything you need at Lowe's and Home Depot, except a drill, and it makes the thing more powerful.

EDIT: <rant>Furthermore, if you even attempt to shoot a living being with this, you can be convicted for cruelty to animals, or assault/battery with a deadly weapon.</rant>

Intel Xeon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: windshrike » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:49 pm

^^^^
He wants to hunt with it, and if using an airgun is legal in Ohio(think thats where he is) then it is perfectly legal.

Not really talking about shooting animals I was just getting the noob out of a flame barrage.

Anyway, it is a good idea to learn how a diaphragm valve works first, brod man.

windshrike
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion