Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 83 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 77 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], mark.f, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Gas Assisted Recoil prototype

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:35 pm

The cannon won’t have a detachable magazine, instead it’ll use an eight round internal box.
I’m going to have extension springs on the follower because I don’t have the money to buy, nor the skills to make, a compression spring big enough.

Buy the way, I’m not going to fix the GAR1, nor am I going to make the 1.50 cannon, instead I’m going to make a new prototype in .75cal because I’ve got a LOT of fitting for ¾” and I’ve got a ¾ inch porting “tee” valve that actually sort of works, or it did last time I used it. :) Yeah, I have the worst luck with valves…

So watch this space for the GAR2! Give me about two weeks though as I start back to school tomorrow.

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
Major General
Major General
Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion