Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

new project

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
new project

Unread postAuthor: fretmelter » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:33 pm

hi all, i have built a very very simple cannon and want to improve it. right now i have to fill a small tank with my compresser then fill my tank on my gun. i wanted portablility but tht is not tht portable i get about 3 shots and 40psi (at least i think it is 40 but my guage says NOT FOR OXYGEN) but i want more portability. SO i was thinking i can use the c02 cans from a paintball gun. then use a LPR (low pressure reg) to take the like 4000 psi to like 60-80. and have a ball valve between the co2 tank and my guns tank to fill the tank with the regulated air. or i could go electronic and use a small solenoid valve to fill it. then a sprinkler valve to shoot. right now it is a ball valve.

fretmelter
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:43 pm

well a reg'ed co2 system is one of the best things to buy if your going for portability, just remember to but a safety pop off valve in the system so it doesn't get over pressurized (by reg failure or human error).now if you plan on getting decent performance out of a gun you need atleast a sprinkler valve or a homemade piston/diaphragm valve. about the electronic filling of the chamber... i am yet to find a cheap and small solenoid valve they all seem to be in the $100 range and its just not worth it if you ask me.

on a side note CO2 should be stored around 800ish PSI not 4000

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: fretmelter » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 am

well here is the small noid i was ganna use http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscommerc ... cts_id=136 but then i need batteries and stuff and all tht doesnt make i as tuff.so im just ganna use a ball valve to fill it. i shoult get like at least 300 shots at like 60 spi which is more then enuff for my cannon

fretmelter
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion