Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

magazine for a breech

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
magazine for a breech

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:38 pm

I currently have a simple breech on my cannon (a hole cut in a 1" pvc barrel w/ a piece of 1 1/4" pvc and electrical tape to seal it) and I was wondering if there was a way to put in a simple magazine. I was thinking of mounting a plastic chamber w/ a pvc pipe in the bottom that was somehow mounted on the outside of the gun w/ the pipe about 3/4" above the breech so that when I slide the breech forward the ammo(bouncy balls) drops into the barrel and I will make it have a spring action to slide the cover back over the hole. Does any1 have any suggestions on how to mount the magazine or does any1 have any better ideas that I can use w/ my current breech. Any help is much appreciated.

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:40 pm

you could hollow out a tee and attach a pipe to it, then just turn it so it drops in the hole, then to seal it just twist it back.

if you need a diagram i can make one.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:42 pm

a diagram would be great, thanks! :)

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:59 pm

its not that hard your sleveeing a tee over the barrel hole and a magazine tube is attached to the tee

by the way what ammo are you using

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:01 pm

this didnt exactly turn out the way i wanted it to, but basicly the tee is dremeled out (with a dremel or simular tool) to the point it slide over the pvc. you first have to take out the loading mechonism (if thats what you want to call it), then slide the tee over it. when you are going to fire, you simply turn the tee so it is not lined up with the hole, then you just turn it back to reload.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2778/designzf1.png

note- i havent accually built one, so i cant garentee it will work.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:17 pm

ok, i got it now, i'll give that a try once i make a trip to the store to get the parts, thanks. I'm still accepting any other ideas and/or suggestions.

@iknowmy3tables: i'm using rubber bouncy balls as stated in my first post

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: magazine for a breech

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:26 pm

knappengineering wrote:I currently have a simple breech on my cannon (a hole cut in a 1" pvc barrel w/ a piece of 1 1/4" pvc and electrical tape to seal it) and I was wondering if there was a way to put in a simple magazine. I was thinking of mounting a plastic chamber w/ a pvc pipe in the bottom that was somehow mounted on the outside of the gun w/ the pipe about 3/4" above the breech so that when I slide the breech forward the ammo(bouncy balls) drops into the barrel and I will make it have a spring action to slide the cover back over the hole. Does any1 have any suggestions on how to mount the magazine or does any1 have any better ideas that I can use w/ my current breech. Any help is much appreciated.
does the electrical tape work well, because i am looking to make a breach loader but i can't find a sealer.

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Re: magazine for a breech

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:54 pm

electrical tape is okay, sometimes you have to take it off and redo it but it works. I'm going to try o-rings soon so I'll let you know how that works

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:59 pm

silicone grease is another alternative

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:02 pm

i dont think silicone grease by it self would work very well but i think it would be great w/ o-rings

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion