Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Airsoft Shotgun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Airsoft Shotgun

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:31 pm

I was wondering if anyone has made a succesful airsoft shotgun, that can go through a can at least. Cuase I want to make one to go airsofting with cuase my sniper ain't cutting it. I plan on making it full metal, for high pressure. I would use a 3000psi 68ci Nitrogen tank for the air source, so it is portable when using in a game. I also plan on using a 3/4 barrel. Does anyone think I can get them to go through a can at 15-20 feet somehow?

Should I use a smaller barrel?
  • 0

User avatar
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Moorpark, CA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jon_89 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:37 pm

on my pnuematic i can put about two dozen bb's through a thick box and some go all the way through and that is about ten feet away at 100 psi.
  • 0


jon_89
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: thespeedycicada » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:41 pm

possibly with multiple barrels (for the bbs) inside a larger barrel like this.http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/pb-shotgun-t6977.html
  • 0

User avatar
thespeedycicada
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:28 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:44 pm

thespeedycicada wrote:possibly with multiple barrels (for the bbs) inside a larger barrel like this.http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/pb-shotgun-t6977.html


Ya lol thanks, I was just going to edit my post and ask that.
  • 0

User avatar
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Moorpark, CA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:12 pm

I had an idea like this in the shower..... So here it is
The part that you pump is where the stuff happens, and it is really easy to make (should be). What if, as you pulled the pump back, it opened a ball valve between the air source and the chamber, filling to the desired pressure, then when you push it back to its normal position, the ball valve closes. Then connect a simple sliding magazine and breach mechanism to the pump.
The entire action is:
1.Pull the pump back, this opens a ball valve, filling the chamber. This also opens the breach, allowing a bb or something to fall into place in the barrel.
2.The pump is pushed forward, this closes the ball valve, stopping the flow to the filled chamber and closing the breech preventing any more ammo from going into the chamber.
3. Fire then go back to step 1.

The only problems i can see is having the ball valve open enough to fill the chamber properly and allowing only a certain amount of bbs into the barrel
  • 0

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

The 7 P's - Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
User avatar
Marco321
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:56 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:02 am

Or you can also have some of Piston mechanisum for the pump back, instead of a ball valve.

I like your idea a lot, but should I use Nitro/Co2 or make the shotgun a combustion that runs off of propane?
  • 0

User avatar
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Moorpark, CA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:10 am

CannonCreator wrote:Or you can also have some of Piston mechanisum for the pump back, instead of a ball valve.

I like your idea a lot, but should I use Nitro/Co2 or make the shotgun a combustion that runs off of propane?


You could have the pump actuate a sprinkler instead of a ball valve. This will allow the sprinkler to stay open until the desired pressure is obtained, without having to leave the pump half cocked for a while. This should work, because the sprinkler will reset when equal pressure is obtained on both sides, unless i am mistaken.

It depends. Nitrogen will give slightly more power because it is lighter than co2, but only by a small amount, but the nitrogen will give the same power as normal air on the surface of the earth because it is like 70%-80% nitrogen i think. I would go with what is cheapest though lol.
  • 0

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

The 7 P's - Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
User avatar
Marco321
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:56 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:27 am

CannonCreator wrote:I was wondering if anyone has made a succesful airsoft shotgun, that can go through a can at least.


Why would you want a gun that powerful to use in an airsoft game?

Maybe you should try a vortex, Im not really sure about your playing style, however if you play in the NPPL than you are probobly the type of person that trys to empty your hopper as quickly as possible, Theirfore I think a vortex would be right up your ally. :wink:

Something to consider.
  • 0

<-- This is not a cat avatar

If it walks like a dog, sratches like a dog, and barks like a dog, than its probobly a...-TURTLE, it's a TURTLE!!! Cant you see?!!!

frankrede wrote:Great googlay mooglay!
Thats a beast!
User avatar
turbohacker
Major
Major
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Marco321 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:33 am

I heard its not a good idea to use cloud/vortex in airsoft games due to the high rate of fire.
  • 0

Failure to plan is planning to fail.

The 7 P's - Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
User avatar
Marco321
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:56 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Redcoat » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:36 am

Yes like hell i have made an airsoft shotgun.

I just got my sprinkler valve pneumatic, got some cotton wool rammed it down then loaded in about 25 bb's and then rammed down another piece of cotton wool and then fired it at a coke can. Went through both sides. :twisted: .

I'll get a vid up soon. (oh speak of the devil.)


Happy SPuddin'


Here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1NleJ6Yl3o[/youtube]

I also made a shorter changeable barrel and a cartridge for the bb's for room takedowns etc. Not much use though when you have to pump though.
  • 0

Poo.
User avatar
Redcoat
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:07 am
Location: Sydney ,Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:27 am

I am on of those kids who try to empty there hoppers as fast as they can but, I don't know if a vortex has a high enough FPS for someone to feel it that much. Cuase when I airsoft I go with these guys that work at this airsoft shop and they use like those huge vulcan cannons, and when you get hit by them you bleed bad, they even all have first aid, and they treat you after you get hit. It hurts so much more then being in the NPPL

But what kind of FPS ortex recieve of a 3000psi nitro tank, or a Co2 tank?

Cuase I need a high speed and high fps. Or High FPS and a shotgun load
  • 0

Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
User avatar
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Moorpark, CA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:42 am

When loaded with about 20 airsoft BBs, my hybrid launcher will shoot through about 10 cans, though I doubt you would want to use one in an airsoft game...
  • 0

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
User avatar
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Canada
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: noname » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:46 am

Using a vortex strafer, upping the pressure increases ROF and FPS. Regulating it to 200 or 250 psi will probably give you at least 450 fps.
Of course, it also depends on the vortex block, the barrel length, the air input, adn valve, etc.
  • 0

User avatar
noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 9

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:48 pm

CannonCreator wrote:I am on of those kids who try to empty there hoppers as fast as they can but, I don't know if a vortex has a high enough FPS for someone to feel it that much. Cuase when I airsoft I go with these guys that work at this airsoft shop and they use like those huge vulcan cannons, and when you get hit by them you bleed bad, they even all have first aid, and they treat you after you get hit. It hurts so much more then being in the NPPL

But what kind of FPS ortex recieve of a 3000psi nitro tank, or a Co2 tank?

Cuase I need a high speed and high fps. Or High FPS and a shotgun load
Those cannons must be shooting way past the limit then.
Airsoft shouldn't hurt more than a paintball.
  • 0

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
User avatar
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:00 pm

frankrede wrote:
CannonCreator wrote:I am on of those kids who try to empty there hoppers as fast as they can but, I don't know if a vortex has a high enough FPS for someone to feel it that much. Cuase when I airsoft I go with these guys that work at this airsoft shop and they use like those huge vulcan cannons, and when you get hit by them you bleed bad, they even all have first aid, and they treat you after you get hit. It hurts so much more then being in the NPPL

But what kind of FPS ortex recieve of a 3000psi nitro tank, or a Co2 tank?

Cuase I need a high speed and high fps. Or High FPS and a shotgun load
Those cannons must be shooting way past the limit then.
Airsoft shouldn't hurt more than a paintball.


well there hardcore airsofters, and the get everything cheap cuase most of them work at airsoft shops, the cannons are going around 460- 480 fps. There classic Army M16's are going around the same.
  • 0

Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
User avatar
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: Moorpark, CA
Reputation: 0

Next

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'