Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MCRKilljoy based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Airtight?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Airtight?

Unread postAuthor: JJ pyro » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:16 pm

Hi

I have been building a pneumatic cannon, only i have been having a hard time on having to try to get it airtight. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to get my gun fully airtight??[color=red][/color

JJ pyro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: pvcmaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Is this a threaded cannon, because you shouldnt be having problems with solvent welds (primer, cement).

pvcmaster
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: paaiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Did you use PVC primer and cement on every joint? And teflon tape on every threaded joint?

"Who ever said the pen was mightier than the sword, obviously, never encountered automatic weapons."
-General Douglass MacArthur

Read my dog's blog - Life of Kilo
paaiyan
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: meatballs » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:28 pm

can you please give more info as to type of cannon, what type of leak, where, and all that stuff? that would help us give better suggestions.

put the cannon in water, and look for where bubbles come out.
if you're having trouble with solvent welds sealing it probably means that you didn't make a good joint, or you did something really wrong during construction. if this is the case then you should probably not use the leaking solvent weld, it may not be strong enough to be safe even if the leak is fixed.
if its a problem with a threaded joint then use more teflon tape. use lots of teflon tape. if you're using pipe joint sealing compound switch to teflon tape. remember, teflon tape is your friend.

meatballs
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion