Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Compressor Reg for Co2?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Compressor Reg for Co2?

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:51 am

k I am wokring on a pneumatic cannon, and its going ot be portable. So its going to have to be gassed off of Co2. I have a idea in mind for a reg, and here they are. Please tell me if it will work, or if there are any problems with the idea.

Im trying to keep it under $50. I have heard that you can take a air compressor regulator and make it reg off a Co2 tank. So here is the Reg I would like to get for that.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/cat ... cts_id=424

after I got that I would add a co2 tank adapter into one of the ports, than and air outlet into another port, to let the air into the chamber.

So the question is if this air compressor regulator would WORK, to reg co2 after the modding.

P.S.

If the stuff aobve didn't work would this be fine?

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbee ... 42HP.shtml

Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: hi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 am

umm, co2 is pressurized to 800+ psi, yet the compressor regulator you linked is only good for 150 psi... there might be a slight problem there.

the second one, you know, the one that is accually designed for co2 is your best bet.

this is what ive learned about cannon building (this accually applys for anything you build).

dont go with the cheap stuff, do it right the first time that way you dont have to do it again.

its better to shell out the extra $20 or so and buy something really good than save $20 and have it break.

Last edited by hi on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 am

Go with the second regulator, the first reg will most likely explode from the 800 psi from the co2 tank. You can also buy a co2 regulator kit from lowes for about 120 bucks.

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:56 pm

ok thanks guys!

Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion