Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Intersting Site

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Intersting Site

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 am

I just found this site and thought it was neat. It is a marble gun that some guy built and has very interesting features. Notable features include the trigger mechanism and the barrel rifling technique.

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/air_gun.html

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:13 am

Humm, thats cool. Isn't the chamber a little small?

Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am

Kind of "interesting" he is using abs, but i still love the spring actuation of the ball valves an his rifling technique, so simple but effective.

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:47 am

Wasn't this the one simo had claimed to be his own design, only to be shot down in a fit of forum drama?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:50 am

I checked out the rest of this guy's site and found his picture. I don't know what simo looks like but if someone does, that rumor can be cleared.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 am

Fear not, it had been conclusively established that simo was not in fact the builder of this cannon.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:09 am

Oh god not that web page again :lol: We practically had a full law suit on simo, we even had our own evidence room of stuff we had compiled against him. :wink: Well maybe not that much, but we had a lot of evidence against him.

Yeah, it is very nice.

MrCrowley

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:39 am

Wow. I didn't realize this page was that popular. I will say, however, this is not my design. I will not claim it as my own. Hell, I won't even build a cannon like this. :lol:

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Thursto » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:50 am

hubb017 wrote:I checked out the rest of this guy's site and found his picture. I don't know what simo looks like but if someone does, that rumor can be cleared.

hahaha simo, lol did he clame he made that gun or something, i regret helping him make his first bb gun, ever since he thinks he's so good at everything, but he doesnt even understand how a pneumatic really works, and how to make one safley, he jus threw his togethor, bit of pressure rated glue got his dad to do most of it, calmes to charge it to like 200 psi, and he thinks hs gun is so good, he put a marble threw a piece a wood about half a cm thick from 5m! so glad he doesnt go on this forum anymore. i just wanna hit him in the face at school and tell him to shutup! :P

Thursto
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:57 am

Thursto wrote:
hubb017 wrote:I checked out the rest of this guy's site and found his picture. I don't know what simo looks like but if someone does, that rumor can be cleared.

hahaha simo, lol did he clame he made that gun or something, i regret helping him make his first bb gun, ever since he thinks he's so good at everything, but he doesnt even understand how a pneumatic really works, and how to make one safley, he jus threw his togethor, bit of pressure rated glue got his dad to do most of it, calmes to charge it to like 200 psi, and he thinks hs gun is so good, he put a marble threw a piece a wood about half a cm thick from 5m! so glad he doesnt go on this forum anymore. i just wanna hit him in the face at school and tell him to shutup! :P

Well i'm not stopping you, do it for the forum :P

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: f.c » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 am

i saw that page sooo sooo long ago. but it is still an awesome gun.

f.c
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: hi » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:23 am

i knew that sight exsited before before i knew what spudfiles was. that what i based my first "cannon" after. ofcource, mine didnt look much like that, but that is how i got into spudding.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion