Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 84 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 79 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Thoughts on my first cannon?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 

Should I finish my gun?

No, trash it. It wont work PERIOD.
No votes
Go ahead, it's fine.
55%
You can, but it's going to be terrible.
45%

Total votes : 11
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:07 pm

Will paint cover up primer efficiently? As it is my first gun, my priming was horrendous. There are purple splashes all over the place...

HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 pm

HaiThar wrote:Will paint cover up primer efficiently? As it is my first gun, my priming was horrendous. There are purple splashes all over the place...

Put a coat of paint primer over it and let it dry. If that doesn't cover up the primer, add another coat. It should now be good enough to add your final coat of paint.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:20 pm

A Silver coat of Fusion, with a transparent coat of your favorite color. Transparent paint can be gotten from Ebay.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: williamfeldmann » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:34 pm

I have seen some transparent finishes and they look awesome. Granted they really only come in brighter colors like purples blues and reds but they rock.

As for covering the purple primer stains. If you use a flat paint like I mentioned, even if you see the primer through the primer... uh yeah... the top coat of flat paint will hid anything underneath.

If going with all Fusion for your paint job follow Hubb's idea, but intead of using primer (which is usually clear) use a Fusion White or a grey color. You will probably have to do 2 coats with the primer color to cover the stains and lettering on the pipe, then top coat with color of choice. I have found most Fusion colors to be somewhat transparent which the reason for multiple coats.

williamfeldmann
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:01 am

I'm sorry. I didn't realize the link was not good.

I've uploaded it into the RapidShare as you suggested. Maybe I did it right.

PVC_Designer_1_2.exe

Maybe the mods can get this program situated on the site. After all, it is a pretty good find by PVC Arsenal 17.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:18 am

Yep, it worked. Thanks so much! Maybe you should post it on a thread somewhere?

Update:

I'm pretty much finished with all the solvent welding. I just need to thread and insert the shrader valve into the endcap, and finish the stock, and then I MAY mod my sprinkler valve... It also, as I mentioned earlier needs a new paint job...

Does anyone know if those garden hose things work instead of an airgun? I have an old one on hand and wouild rather use that then buy one....

HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 am

Those garden hose things (nozzles) may work but a blowgun would be better. The blowguns have npt, whereas the hose nozzle has hose threads. Plus, the blowguns are built to withstand the pressure. You may can find a hose nozzle that can withstand that kind of pressure, but it will cost you. Lastly, the hose nozzles are so much bigger than the blowgun.

If you are wanting the look of the hose nozzle, you could do something like in the picture and make it work for you.

Note: The picture is not my design. I found it on one of the threads on this site but don't remember where. I thought it was a good idea so I got a copy of the picture. (my pneumatic has this type of grip)

Edit: Make sure to post the finished cannon in the Pneumatic Cannon Showcase with good pics and maybe some damage pics. Can't wait to see it. :)

Attachments
blowgun handle.jpg
The barb on this is straight but I used a 90 degree barb for mine to make the barb come out the back of the grip. This allowed me to put the top portion of the grip into a tee.
blowgun handle.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Hubb
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion