Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

C02 FAQ

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
C02 FAQ

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:40 pm

ok well i just spent about an hour going threw the pneumatic cannon discussion just checking out old posts i only went threw 5-6 pages and it was the very last ones but one thing i noticed alot was there was alot of threads with co2 in the subject so i decided to make this thread hoping to stop alot of those threads. if you have any additions to this let me know and ill edit them in.: so here it is the c02 frequently asked questions

Q: what is co2?
A: co2 is a gas known as carbon dioxide not to be confused with carbon monoxide which kills.

Q:what is co2 used for?
A: well actually co2 has endless possibilities... try Google:c02

Q:is co2 dangerous?
A:no if you no what your doing. but yes it is extremely dangerous if you dont know what your doing.

Q:how do you use co2 on a spud gun?
A:well there are numerous ways
1:a bulk co2 tank 2lbs or larger
2:a paint ball c02 tank 9oz,120z,20oz
3: a 12 gram c02 "capsule"
3a:there are larger c02 "capsules" beside just 12 grams
one of the most popular that ive seen is the 12 gram c02's you take something like <a href="http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47599433&parent_category_rn=4500856">This</a>
and attach it to your schrader valve on your gun.
2nd is a 20 ox tank connected to a reg then your quick connect which looks like <a href="http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=paintball222016ia0.jpg">This</a>

Q:is there a cheap way to hook co2 up to a gun?
A: yes via the 12 gram method

Q:does c02 really cool your chamber down to a cold enough temp to cause your gun to explode?
A: i honestly cant tell you. ive never had it happen nor have i heard of it on these forums.

Q:where do i get my c02 tank filled?
A:depends on where you live but in the usa you can go to walmart and exchange an empty tank for a full one, or go to a sports store and theyll fill it up. both cost about the same.. ive never had a bulk tank so i dunno. and 12 grams are not reusable. must be 18 or older where i live...

Q:why c02?
A: its a readily available gas.

Q:what happens if i was to put unregulated co2 in my gun?
A:<a href="http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1903/36339681qf5hx1.jpg">This</a> just pretend the 50 gallon drum isn't there and the red on the pipe is your blood...

Q:is unregulated co2 safe for steel pipe,galvanized pipe,iron pipe,copper,or stainless steel?
A:for copper i would say no but for the others i dunno. im sure someone here will help me out with this one...

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: CannonCreator » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:07 pm

hmm I don't personally find this to give me more information on Co2. But This is good for new members.

Last edited by CannonCreator on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spudding Is dangerous, I learned the hard way:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/my-eye- ... 15301.html

Guns. As They may Claim lives, they are lives. Our lives.

When Life gives you lemons, through them at somone.

Live, Breathe, Eat, Paintball
CannonCreator
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:09 pm

CannonCreator wrote: But This is good for new comers.

exactly who its for...

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 pm

I hope the new comers bother to use spell check, and proper gamma rays :lol:

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:27 am

Q:is unregulated co2 safe for steel pipe,galvanized pipe,iron pipe,copper,or stainless steel?
A:for copper i would say no but for the others i dunno. im sure someone here will help me out with this one...

It should be safe for steel pipe and galvanized pipe, definantly for 2" sch40 pipe and under (and since those are the most common pipe sizes in hardware stores...)
Personnally a regulator would be optimum since you don't use as much co2 and you can use ordinary valves (sprinkler, ball, etc), instead of a vlave rated for +800psi.

Stanford Class of 2012

"In the end our society will be defined not only by what we create, but what we refuse to destroy"- John Sawhill

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:13 am

CO2, if regulated, will not cool the chamber of a cannon to the point it gets brittle. The reason a paintball gun gets cold from CO2 is the fact that it is fired rapidly.

If one owns a bulk tank, a fill station is required to refill smaller tanks.

Also, CO2 runs at about 800psi. A regulator is recommended for ALL types of cannons (not only for safety reasons, but to make each shot consistant). Personal experience had led me to believe that Palmer's regulators are one of the best. If this regulator is not chosen, be sure to choose one that is compatible with CO2.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion