Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Safety Question

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 am

@grumpy: That set of rules was really what I was looking for, or something from the Scenario League. Can you provide a link to a site I can find the whole set?

@Jimmy: That is why the fps is set so much lower than a paintball (at no more than 300fps).

@ShowNoMercy: I am located in South Georgia. Hopefully, the field will be playable in a few months.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:58 pm

hubb,
you can find the G.S.R.P. rules here. http://www.scenariopaintball.com/rules/GSRPv302.htm

you can get the S.P.P.L. rules here.
http://www.scenariochallenge.com/rules_full.php

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:21 pm

technically rules only have to be as strict depending on how well you write the wavier

pleases don't go too strict on the cannons or you put a lot of good spud gunners out of luck

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:38 pm

iknowmy3tables wrote:technically rules only have to be as strict depending on how well you write the wavier

pleases don't go too strict on the cannons or you put a lot of good spud gunners out of luck

I've been on this site for a while and I know the pride one takes in making one of these. I wouldn't dare limit a perfectly good cannon. :wink:

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:54 pm

hubb017 wrote:@Jimmy: That is why the fps is set so much lower than a paintball (at no more than 300fps).

Isn't 300FPS the standard speed for indoor paintball fields? IIRC, it is around where I live.

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:06 am

300 fps is the maximum, not standard. Paintball markers are usually set to around 280fps due to some paintball markers shooting hot (paintball term meaning the marker shoots higher than 300fps).

From what I've read and played, alternative weapons are usually set to no more than 250fps, due to their kinetic energy capabilities.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion