Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Flat CO2 Backpack

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Flat CO2 Backpack

Unread postAuthor: goose_man » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:29 pm

I'm starting to get into paintball a bit, and I would like a CO2 backpack, but I don't just want a big cylindrical tank strapped to my back. I was wondering if anyone knew of a tank that was rather flat?

Maybe 2" in depth, and the width and height of a normal backpack would be ideal. If it can't be done, I could always make one using a lot of smaller tanks and connecting them side by side, but that would have less volume and I'm not sure if places would fill it...

-goose_man

goose_man
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:34 pm

A square tank that could hold enough pressure safely would be HORRIBLY expensive....

the reason PB tanks are cylindrical with spherical ends is beacause the parabolic shape helps distribute the pressure evenly, giving it higher strength.

you could try, but its proboably easier to get a crapload of small tanks and rig them up and slide them into a backpack............

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: goose_man » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Thanks, that's what I meant by make one. Just use a couple of smaller ones and put an adapter on top , then use tee's and elbows to connect them side by side.

-goose_man

goose_man
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:48 pm

goose_man wrote:Thanks, that's what I meant by make one. Just use a couple of smaller ones and put an adapter on top , then use tee's and elbows to connect them side by side.

-goose_man

Make sure when you do that, that all of the parts are rated to at LEAST 1000psi.

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:03 pm

just use a crapload of remote lines............

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Re: Flat CO2 Backpack

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:54 pm

goose_man wrote:I'm starting to get into paintball a bit, and I would like a CO2 backpack, but I don't just want a big cylindrical tank strapped to my back. I was wondering if anyone knew of a tank that was rather flat?

Maybe 2" in depth, and the width and height of a normal backpack would be ideal. If it can't be done, I could always make one using a lot of smaller tanks and connecting them side by side, but that would have less volume and I'm not sure if places would fill it...

-goose_man

you can always get a tactical vest to hold you co2 tank. or a pouch and strap it on your leg or at your waist, and most paintball co2 tanks are not that big, i mean maybe it's just me but a 20 oz co2 tank is not that big or heavy

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: goose_man » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:04 am

I want larger than 20oz though...

goose_man
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Orpackrat » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:24 am

For my paintball setup as well as my regulated output, I run duel 48oz Co2 tanks into a remote with on/off valve. They fit perfectly inside a camel pack and makes.

You can build a system with duel tanks from these parts:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=228

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_16&products_id=74

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=11

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-RAMPAGE-HPA-Co2-QD-Coiled-Remote-NEW_W0QQitemZ250173327646QQihZ015QQcategoryZ16050QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The ASA's, one from the remote is taken off and placed with the other. The braided steel hose, each is connected to the ASA's with teflon tape, the other 2 ends of the braided steel hose get screwed into the "T" with teflon tape. The end of the remote that had the ASA removed is connected to the "T" with teflon tape as well. Then you have a duel tank parness ready to be put inside a backpack and use.

K.I.S.S. "Keep It Simple ******"

Orpackrat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: goose_man » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:59 am

Thank you...I'll defanitely consider this system.

-goose_man

goose_man
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion