Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Sprinkler Valve help ASAP

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Sprinkler Valve help ASAP

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Guys,

I bought a 2" irritrol valve off ebay last week. The seller listed it as new until they went to ship it and they noticed something was broken. Now, it seems to me like all that's wrong is the solenoid might be unscrewed or broken. Really no big deal since I'll be modding it anyway. The company selling it is a freight recovery service and this valve was not in the box. I have no problem with this, the company has great feedback and all the pics of the valve show it in perfect condition. Just want your thoughts...

Here are the pics they sent. Let me know what you think since I can either return it or get it at a discount.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:53 pm

How much was it? If it's not that much money, don't worry about sending it back mod it and test it out to see if it works, or just open the valve up to locate any broken parts.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 - What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel

Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:56 pm

$50. If I still want it they will dicount it 30%

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: williamfeldmann » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:04 pm

From what I can see nothing is wrong other than the solenoid is out, but that doesn't really matter.

For 30% discount, I'd go for it. Cheapest you will ever find a 2 inch valve. Thats for sure.

Is it a three way valve or a corner valve? I can't see if it has a third inlet/outlet.

Trying to figure out how to make a SCUBA first stage regulator work for portable charging station. If only that pesky job thing didn't keep eating up all my time...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
williamfeldmann
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:10 pm

It's an angle valve. One outlet, one inlet inline, and one inlet at a 90 degree angle.

Looking more carefully at the solenoid I can see what looks to be a spot where plastic might have cracked off. Could just be the picture. Either way, that wouldn't be critical, right? The solenoid is useless to me, all I'm worried about is that something inside the valve might be cracked as well. But that area would be plugged up with epoxy anyway.

I might send these pics to sprinkler.com since they know this stuff all to well. Anyway, I just ordered parts from them to build a gun with this valve!

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 pm

From what i can see, the solinoid is deffently broke. As far as it having a crack, it possably could bleed through from one chamber to another, or burst from the inside out being weakened from a crack??? Thats a tough call.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:37 pm

It was most likely dropped, and from what I can tell it was the solenoid that suffered the damage. If more than just that is broken, then I have a problem. But what are the odds? This thing is made of glass filled nylon- strong stuff. It's highly unlikely that anything else cracked.

I'm going to go with it. If anything else is messed up then I'll let JB-Weld works its magic.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:21 pm

Thy just sent me a pic of the part where the solenoid screws in. Something definitely broke, but it doesn't seem like anything else got harmed.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: HaiThar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:37 pm

If you are going to mod it, yoiu can always just fill in the solenoid spot with epoxy, right?

HaiThar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion