Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], jimmy101, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

CO2 setup questions??

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
CO2 setup questions??

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:14 pm

So i am planning to get a co2 setup for my new pneumatic cannons because i've blown through 4 bike pumps and need something reliable.

what i was thinking is getting a 5pound container because the smaller tanks are not worth my time and effort.

so i was thinking of this regulator:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/double/742HP.shtml

and this tank:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-LB-Steel-Co2-Cylinder-Beer-Tap-Tank_W0QQitemZ330184025021QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16051QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so i have one question, how do i take the hose barb adapter and turn it into a quick connect on the other end?? im guessing a hose of a certain length and the adapter for the quick connect?? but i've never seen a quick connect fitting anywhere. so if anyone can link me or seomthing, that would be great.

overall, what do you guys think of this as valve/quality wise??

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: trae08 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:11 pm

tank looks good. reg looks good to.

to me it looks liek it just unscrews from theball valve.

good luck, keep us posted onhow it goes

Marvin the Martian: Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!

Marvin the Martian: The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds.

PCGUY wrote:Congrats, your the first donating member I have had to ban.
trae08
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:57 am

the question was actually, "how do i get the co2 from the regulator into my cannon?"

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:29 am

Looking straight at the regulator, as in the picture, the right side hooks directly up to the tank. Make sure it has the washer in place and tighten down snugly.

The hose barb on the bottom of the regulator can be screwed off and replaced with a quick connect. I have found them at Home Depot. Make sure a good amount of Teflon tape or Locktite is used to seal the threads. From there, simply run the hose to the cannon.

From looking at it, you may want to keep the hose barb in place and connect a high pressure hose to it, a quick connect on the other end of the hose, then the other side of the quick connect to the cannon. Otherwise, you will either have a hose sticking off of your cannon or a third piece (as in the hose itself).

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: cwazy1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:40 am

i figured it out.

cwazy1
Captain
Captain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion